Iran: Israel Prepares Response

tgo

2 hours ago, tgo said:

Our response should be massive. It's been far far too tepid thus far which is why this is continuing.

I'm okay with responding, but I'm worried that the US is getting increasingly entangled. They can't police the straight indefinitely, and the last thing we need is another war in the Middle East. 

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having originally served on the foreign policy committee for Sargon of Akkad, and certainly to consider his post Battle of Kadesh work for Ramses II, Biden did come to office with EXTENSIVE experience

tgo is getting an itchy trigger finger

13 minutes ago, Justafan said:

I'm okay with responding, but I'm worried that the US is getting increasingly entangled. They can't police the straight indefinitely, and the last thing we need is another war in the Middle East. 

I mean - the entire point of having a Navy with global reach is to ensure maritime security for international commerce, at minimum.

14 minutes ago, tgo said:

I mean - the entire point of having a Navy with global reach is to ensure maritime security for international commerce, at minimum.

I agree, 100%. I’m more concerned that they won’t be able to stop these attacks and control the straight without putting boots on ground. 

2 hours ago, Justafan said:

I agree, 100%. I’m more concerned that they won’t be able to stop these attacks and control the straight without putting boots on ground. 

They could properly use the no-fly zone like we did against Libya. What we did there wasn't the proper use, but here I could at least understand it.

22 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

They could properly use the no-fly zone like we did against Libya. What we did there wasn't the proper use, but here I could at least understand it.

Would that stop the rocket and sea based drone attacks? The no fly zone would probably stop air strikes but I don’t think it would be very effective against what the Houthis are doing. 

1 hour ago, Justafan said:

Would that stop the rocket and sea based drone attacks? The no fly zone would probably stop air strikes but I don’t think it would be very effective against what the Houthis are doing. 

I think you have to go after their ability to target vessels - supposedly a big part of that is that Iranian ship in the Red Sea, but I’m sure there’s more to it than that. 

2 hours ago, Justafan said:

It would decimate Yemen and that would be the reason to do it. Not sure of it would stop the attacks. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm shifting this Iran v Israel/US discussion to this thread so that the other thread remains focused more on developments in Gaza.

• tgo changed the title to Iranian Conflicts
  • tgo changed the title to Iran: Israel Prepares Response