Inflation Reduction Act Passes Senate

tgo

22 minutes ago, luvyablue256 said:

No, you use Manchin's own words. "If you want liberal policy, elect more liberals." 

The parties are mere tents of multiple coalitions and the liberal coalition isn't large enough. 

Well I’m all for that except for “liberal” having a bad connotation to some people they need votes from. 

Certainly they could say “if you want Medicare expansion paid for by removing Trump's tax cuts for the wealthy, vote for a Democrat”.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If it was Republicans, they would get rid of the filibuster and then, on the last day of their majority, they would sign into law a requirement that the filibuster comes back and never goes away.

AOC, once again, exactly right.        

Posted Images

There's no way that just passing BIF and saying we need your vote in 2022 for the stuff we promised in 2020 is going to motivate voters, and it's another lie anyway since the House is likely lost even if they did pick up a vote or two in the Senate.

Edited by Titans279

4 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

There's no way that just passing BIF and saying we need your vote in 2022 for the stuff we promised in 2020 is going to motivate voters, and it's another lie anyway since the House is likely lost even if they did pick up a vote or two in the Senate.

Who promised any of this with a deadline of the '22 midterms?

3 minutes ago, luvyablue256 said:

Who promised any of this with a deadline of the '22 midterms?

He’s right though. They have to pass reconciliation. If I was in the WH I would be telling Sinema she either gives a number and falls in line or she will be primary’d with the full force of national Dems backing her opponent. 

They may actually scuttle these bills and hold the entire party hostage. How could anyone trust Sinema to vote for BBB if the BIF is passed first? At least Manchin will be good to his word if he gets what he wants.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/14/politics/manchin-sinema-disagreements-biden-agenda/index.html

10 minutes ago, oldschool said:

They may actually scuttle these bills and hold the entire party hostage. How could anyone trust Sinema to vote for BBB if the BIF is passed first? At least Manchin will be good to his word if he gets what he wants.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/14/politics/manchin-sinema-disagreements-biden-agenda/index.html

It’s disgraceful that they won’t give a number or set a line on what they will and won’t vote for. 

2 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

I think they're just going to delay long enough to start saying that they need to wait until after the midterms to try to pass the BBB bill which is effectively killing the bill.

I think it is becoming more apparent that killing BBB is Sinema's (and other moderate/conservative Dems) goal. 

They keep hoping progressive will cave completely and they'll get BIF. In years past that is likely what would have happened, but the left is much better organized and led than in the past. A lot of that credit in the House goes to Jaypal. 

2 hours ago, oldschool said:

The deadline is the fact the Dems all but guaranteed to lose the house. you can't pass BIF without BBB. The dems need to both done and quickly. 

Dems losing the House is the dom media narrative but I dont think that's as much of a guarantee as people think. 

51 minutes ago, luvyablue256 said:

Dems losing the House is the dom media narrative but I dont think that's as much of a guarantee as people think. 

Redistricting hasn’t been as grim as we were worried about.

That said, the party in power has to go against the norm to keep the House in the midterms.

• tgo changed the title to Inflation Reduction Act Passes Senate