Trump Calls Military Leaders “Dopes” and “Babies”

tgo

Some excerpts

“You’re all losers,” Trump said. “You don’t know how to win anymore.”

Trump questioned why the United States couldn’t get some oil as payment for the troops stationed in the Persian Gulf. “We spent $7 trillion; they’re ripping us off,” Trump boomed. “Where is the f---ing oil?”

Trump by now was in one of his rages. He was so angry that he wasn’t taking many breaths. All morning, he had been coarse and cavalier, but the next several things he bellowed went beyond that description. They stunned nearly everyone in the room, and some vowed that they would never repeat them. Indeed, they have not been reported until now.

“I wouldn’t go to war with you people,” Trump told the assembled brass.

Addressing the room, the commander in chief barked, “You’re a bunch of dopes and babies.”

Tillerson in particular was stunned by Trump’s diatribe and began visibly seething. 

The more perplexing silence was from Pence, a leader who should have been able to stand up to Trump. Instead, one attendee thought, “He’s sitting there frozen like a statue. Why doesn’t he stop the president?” Another recalled the vice president was “a wax museum guy.”

Tillerson told others he thought he saw a woman in the room silently crying. He was furious and decided he couldn’t stand it another minute. His voice broke into Trump’s tirade, this one about trying to make money off U.S. troops.

“No, that’s just wrong,” the secretary of state said. “Mr. President, you’re totally wrong. None of that is true.”

“He’s a f---ing moron,” the secretary of state said of the president.

“That was it. Tillerson stood up. But when he did so, he turned his back to the president and faced the flag officers and the rest of the aides in the room. He didn’t want a repeat of the scene in the Tank.

“I’ve never put on a uniform, but I know this,” Tillerson said. “Every person who has put on a uniform, the people in this room, they don’t do it to make a buck. They did it for their country, to protect us. I want everyone to be clear about how much we as a country value their service.”

Man, fuck this dude.  Shit like this is why the military is turning on him.  Just saw an article in Army Times that over 50% of the force has a problem with Trump.  Can't remember the last time that was the case with a republican POTUS.  

Our legal team just sent out a memo to everyone reminding everyone that there are specific regulations that prohibit talking bad about the President or several very specific senior government officials!  Haven't seen them send that memo out before either! lol.  

3 hours ago, Justafan said:

Man, fuck this dude.  Shit like this is why the military is turning on him.  Just saw an article in Army Times that over 50% of the force has a problem with Trump.  Can't remember the last time that was the case with a republican POTUS.  

Our legal team just sent out a memo to everyone reminding everyone that there are specific regulations that prohibit talking bad about the President or several very specific senior government officials!  Haven't seen them send that memo out before either! lol.  

Your "team"? Was that for officers? Or does this apply to the entire military? 

4 hours ago, Justafan said:

I wish I could believe that. Every current or former military personnel that I know denies any and everything negative about him. Straight denies he ripped off charities for vets despite being ordered by the court to pay it back. Everything is fake news to them.

All these guys posting here about how they love America are a bunch of pantie waist, I guess losers.  They have just overlooked him sucking up to the commies.  They are "gun whore" gotta keep their elephant rifles to hunt squirrel.  Now he has called them a bunch of stupid bitches.  Dopes(stupid) and babies(bitches), come here baby.  Who would wear a red hat when it ain't even an election.  

tenor.gif?itemid=12362236

19 hours ago, 'Nator said:

Your "team"? Was that for officers? Or does this apply to the entire military? 

I work for a 1 star on a division staff.  He has a team that has 3 lawyers (officers with 1 major and 2 captains) and then 6 enlisted in the office.  It sounds like a lot but they handle a lot of UCMJ and stuff like that.  You would be amazed.  It was just a memo sent out to our distribution list but the memo refers to a regulation that does apply to the entire military and has for a long long time.  

18 hours ago, WG53 said:

I wish I could believe that. Every current or former military personnel that I know denies any and everything negative about him. Straight denies he ripped off charities for vets despite being ordered by the court to pay it back. Everything is fake news to them.

Trust me, I've seen the same stuff.  For some, it's like howling in the wind.  Mostly I avoid politics and religion as much as humanly possible at work because I know the deck is stacked against me and merely mentioning my opinion will offend people.  

Archived