Supdawg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I started getting them too this morning.   @TitansGuru

Awesome ? good to know they shouldn't be happening. 

Adds now showing on mobile browser which I haven't seen before. Is this something on my side on server side?

Posted Images

I made a change that I think will disable them. It's still spinning on the Adsense site so it might not have gone through yet. It took me a full ten minutes for that page to even load to disable the auto-ads feature. It either has been on for a while and it just started that obnoxious sticky ad or was automatically enabled since it wasn't a change that I made recently. 

10 minutes ago, TitansGuru said:

I made a change that I think will disable them. It's still spinning on the Adsense site so it might not have gone through yet. It took me a full ten minutes for that page to even load to disable the auto-ads feature. It either has been on for a while and it just started that obnoxious sticky ad or was automatically enabled since it wasn't a change that I made recently. 

I just tried right now and I'm still getting the ads.

FWIW, there is definitely some kind of geo tracking or personalization involved, as I'm getting ads for a local furniture store.

Just now, abenjami said:

I just tried right now and I'm still getting the ads.

FWIW, there is definitely some kind of geo tracking or personalization involved, as I'm getting ads for a local furniture store.

It's Adsense so it's doing it's targeted thing I'm sure. I disabled auto-ad placement (which I don't think I ever enabled) but it takes time for the ads to update. If that fixes it, it should be good in a little bit.

40 minutes ago, TitansGuru said:

@Supdawg @abenjami @patsplat @headhunter @NashvilleNinja @kgsTitan

Can you confirm that it isn't showing up anymore.

Also, to anyone logged out or without an account, reach out to me if you are seeing an ad like what is shown in the second post. I don't want that intrusive of an ad to show up for anyone.

Yep, stil there. I've read your other posts so I'll keep refreshing periodically to see if the change has gone through.

Idk why marketers think this kind of thing makes people more likely to give a damn about whatever product is getting sold in the ad, but what it does for me is make me want to shove a pissed off, rabid cat up their buttholes and just have it go to town.