Justin Herbert

TerryBoats

Does anyone else like this kid?  I like this kid.  He was mocked at the end of the first, it got me thinking.

Love the physical skills.  Probably comparable to Wentz in terms of size and athleticism.  Big arm.  I'm really impressed with some of the tight window throws that he puts on tape.  He's got the velocity and confidence to make them. Keeps his eyes downfield and his feet moving under pressure.

Accuracy isn't great, but not a big concern to me.  He was 67% last year, and it's not like he's Locker this year.  His receivers looked terrible from what I could tell.  A lot of drops and little separation.  Not video game production, but a healthy TD/INT ratio.

Mariota was a deviation of our usual plan to get an athletic QB with a big arm.  We need to right the ship with a different Oregon QB, if the draft goes as these people suggested. 

He’s plenty accurate for a college QB. 

He is a really accurate QB when I watched him 

I think Haskins is the best by far and he reminds me of a better, smarter, tougher, Byron Leftwich. He just has only 13 starts and a funny throwing motion which can be corrected. He was very accurate in college and you correct that throwing motion and he is deadly

Haskins manipulates the pocket with his presence and feet and had a wide base and sets his feet before he throws. He steps into the pocket and into his throws. Very impressive. Day did a masterful job. 

He would sit on the bench for a year and learn behind Mariota IF WE TOOK HIM and that would only be if he dropped out of the top 10

You know Vrabel has his eyes on him and he will listen to his buddy Ryan Day about him and go through a visit with him. If the staff falls in love I bet JR will make a run for him if they view Haskins as a better QB in the long run and will be able to keep a highly touted QB on a rookie contract and not allocate almost a 1/3 of the cap to one position. 

JR and Vrabel have no ties to MM

i prefer Mariota stays and gets a full offseason healthy and learn the playbook even more with his OL and Walker return and a threat added at WR in Brown or Tate and a blocking TE and upgrade at RB and pass rusher. 

But I would be even more thrilled if we did all that AND added Haskins to ride the bench for a year and take over on a rookie deal. 

He is that good

59 minutes ago, Tomachek said:

The class is looking like this

Drew Lock

Will Grier

Jarrett Stidham

Ryan Finley

Clayton Thorson

Yet to declare:

Dwayne Haskins

Daniel Jones

Yikes, if you need a QB this year.

Which makes it laughable that ppl want us to move on from Mariota. 

12 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Haskins should declare.  There is no way his draft stock will be as high.  Plus he gets to complete with a lesser QB class this year as opposed to 2020.

Haskins would be crazy not to declare he is a likely top 5 pick now Herbert is going back to school.

There will be a team whether it be the Jags/Giants/Dolphins/Bengals/Redskins/Bucs that will trade up to get Haskins.

Archived