Warriors sign DeMarcus Cousins

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jake is a warrior hater lol. How many nba teams have drafted 4 All nba players that were on the same team? Of course you can’t draft your whole roster lol. Durant was a luxury signing. We went to two

Exactly, they drafted 3 all-stars, one an MVP, all outside top 6 picks.  And won before signing a big outside name like Durant.   So yeah it feels like piling on as they add people, but at t

3 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Shouldnt be too hard. 

But I figured you wouldnt want to be made out to be a hypocrite. So no worries.

Huh? I really don't give a shit about the history of the sport. I started watching in the late 90s when I was in 4th grade.

That's like me asking about who you think the greatest family in the sport of lacrosse is... Shouldn't be too difficult of a question.

Edited by wiscotitansfan
Just now, JakePA_Titan said:

Not the same considering you actually do follow basketball and I dont follow lacrosse. But great comparison there.

My point is that Oscars numbers are better than Magics yet Magic has more rings...

You simply say LBJ is bettee than Kove bases off stats. So why is it so hard for you to make a choice between these two? So by your logic, the big O is better than Magic. But no one would agree with you. Mainly because Magic won 5 titles to Oscars two.

You call yourself a MIL fan and don't know or care about Oscar....

Wow. Idk why you even talk basketball then...

Tells me your opinion on the LBJ/Kobe/MJ debate is completely meaningless.

I've said all along I'm as bandwagon of a fan that you can get.... I started watching the bucks when we were good with Ray, Cassell and Big Dog. I stopped watching when they left and what a surprise I started watching again when Giannis became fun to watch.

I don't give a fuck about the history of the sport, I care about the games I watch being fun.

And No, I think the LBJ and Kobe comparison isn't close because what LeBron has been able to do while Kobe had just as bad or better players around him.

It'd be dumb as fuck to say that Kobe has had amazing talent all around him (like Jordan) but LeBron has never had anyone close to Shaq on his team.

5 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Not the same considering you actually do follow basketball and I dont follow lacrosse. But great comparison there.

Yeah, but me only knowing basketball for a limited time and not giving a shit about the history makes my opinion of those two players as valid as yours of any lacrosse related question. Why would I try to BS my way through a question about two players I have never watched nor looked up any stats for.

It's not a difficult concept and I'm not embarrassed nor should I be to admit that I'm a bandwagon fan and basketball is easily my least favorite sport I watch.

1 minute ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Not really. You know far more about bball during your bandwagon time of average teams compares to me only seeing highlights of Lacrosse on ESPN.

Not the same. No matter how hard you try.

Of course it's not the same, it was a massive exaggeration... The point is exactly the same though.

I'm nowhere near educated in the topic being asked to give a real answer. No shame in that.

11 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Uhmm. He did have Shaq on his team....and Wade..... Ppl who argue for LBJ always act like Wade was garbage.

Yey LBJ was the one that folded when they got that ass beat by Dallas. Wade did his thing. Bosh did his. LBJ shrunk....when he had those HOFers. 

Also, I already compared Kobes help to LBJs. They were identical. Of course you and the LBJ fans didnt want to touch it....at all....

Kobe wins. LBJ chokes.

And Im curious, other than Shaq. Who is this amazing talent Kobe had?

Please say Gasol....please fucking do. So I can own your ass for being ignorant as fuck.

LOL, I am hardly some LeBron nutswinger... I just think he is the #2 player I would rather have on my team with Kobe being 3.

I don't give a fuck about Gasol, why would I? He's no better than any of the scrubs LeBron had to deal with. You're crazy if you think having Wade is similar to Shaq in his prime.

34 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

You are highly optimistic that EVERYTHING goes right.

How good are the odds that all of the above happen?

Actually plays...

Accepts a bench role.....

Doesn't become a headache for whatever reason...

Accepts being the 3rd or 4th option on a team when he is a top 3 C in the entire league...

And if he proves he is healthy, that should make anyone more pessimistic that he wont accept a bench role....

But that’s the thing even if everything goes wrong we have very little riding on it. If he never plays oh well we are still the best team in the nba. Boogie will be tossed from the warriors if he tries to stir any shit up that would hurt the team. He is joining 2 of the top 5 players in the world so he knows he is at best the 3rd option. 

On 7/14/2018 at 12:29 AM, JakePA_Titan said:

As far as Kobe/LeBron, if you're taking into consideration everything they accomplished, any FAN who can take LeBron and his 3 titles over Kobe and his 5 just because the stats are a little better are idiots. And Ill leave it there.

Who would you take between Oscar and Magic?

I would take Oscar, but it is close.  Magic only has more rings because he had Kareem and Worthy.  

LBJ is a better player than Kobe, period.  Better stats across the board, better defender, and more finals.   I also would take Magic, Kareem and Oscar over Kobe.

1 hour ago, JakePA_Titan said:

And Im curious, other than Shaq. Who is this amazing talent Kobe had?

Please say Gasol....please fucking do. So I can own your ass for being ignorant as fuck.

Gasol is not a HOFer, but he was an all star in both 2009 and 2010.  Bynum was very good.   Odom was very solid.  So was Ron Artest.   Lakers absolutely had more talent than Cleveland this season, and during LBJs 1st stint.

11 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

So Kobe got to 3 Finals and won two, one against team which had at least 3 HOFers.

So 1 HOFer vs 3 HOFers.....

When has LBJ done that?

Stats would not validate that claim.

The Celtics big three were all in the mid 30s, thus not playing up to their HOF abilities any more.   So your stat is meaningless.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2018 at 9:57 PM, JakePA_Titan said:

LA was Melos first choice because of LBJ. But LBJ and LA didnt want him.

Yall do. So what is taking so long? Maybe he is hoping LA changes their mind....Lmao

Whatever you say, I love how you make up shit and act like it's some kind of factual material. It was always going to be Houston or Miami for Melo.

Where would he fit in with the Lakers anyway? They already have LeBron, Ingram, and Kuzma playing forward there. Is LeBron moving to center?

Houston was always the first choice for Melo, he would have come here last season if they could have worked out a deal but it never happened.

Now that his trade to Atlanta has gone through it's only a matter of time before the Hawks release him. I don't know what they're waiting for.

That's not even counting Stephenson and Beasley who will be making $4.5M and $3.5M respectively.

LA had to overpay both of them to come there, and they probably won't average as many points between them as Melo does.

And the Rockets will be paying him less than either of those two will be making, his $2.4M salary will be a bargain in comparison.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/29/2018 at 12:02 AM, JakePA_Titan said:

Overpay? You're a moron. That's overpaying for quality role players that contribute on both ends of the floor?

Not to mention Beasley averaged just as many points as Melo last year and he will be our 8th or 9th man.

While Melo will be your starting 3 or 4 lol. 

Cant wait to see Melo defending LBJ or Kuzma or Ingram. Or hell, even Beasley.

You really think that Beasley will contribute on defense? You want to see Melo defending him? I can't wait to see him try to defend Melo!

And now you act like Beasley will be as big a factor for the Lakers as Melo will be for Houston? You never cease to amaze me, that's crazy!

Will Beasley even be in LA's rotation? Ingram and LBJ are starting and Kuzma will get lots of minutes coming off the bench. Right so far?

Plus Stephenson will get minutes behind Ingram at SF too, so how many minutes does that leave for Beasley? 5? Maybe 10 at the most?

The Lakers have Ball and Rondo at PG, KCP and Hart at SG, Ingram and Stephenson at SF, LeBron and Kuzma at PF, plus whoever at center.

How is Beasley the 8th or 9th man for the Lakers? There's at least 9 players ahead of him, maybe 10. He's more like the #11 guy (at $3.5M).

And Melo probably won't even start for Houston, he will be part of a stellar 2nd unit along with Eric Gordon. That's two big scoring threats.

PJ Tucker should start at PF, he's just as versatile on defense as Ariza, probably even more so since he often guards opposing centers.

Tucker will be the one guarding LBJ, not Melo. When they play October 20th in LA, we might see Melo having to guard Ingram or Kuzma.

He will likely struggle if he has to guard those two but if he's on Beasley, Hart, or Stephenson (perhaps even Zubac or Wagner) he'll be fine.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/23/2018 at 8:12 AM, JakePA_Titan said:

Let's play this out real quick...According to you....

CP

Harden

Green?

Tucker

Capela

MCW

Gordon

Melo

Anderson

Nene

Is that how you see it?

I can't wait to see this shit. Oh wait, I forgot about Ennis who all of sudden became so great because he is now a Rocketeer.

I know you wrote this before they finally traded Anderson for two very solid backups who will greatly improve the Rockets depth.

You say they have no great scorers on the wing, but was Ariza really that great of a scorer himself? Answer: no. Phoenix will find that out the hard way.

So it's more like this Starting Five:

1. Chris Paul
  2. James Harden
  3. James Ennis (a solid 3 and D guy, but you will find out all about him a month from now in LA)
  4. PJ Tucker (hardly a statue, who was one of the most reliable 3-point shooters in last season's playoffs)
  5. Capela (whom you love to ignorantly underrate)

And this Second Unit:

1. Brandon Knight (a substantial upgrade over MCW, although it remains to be seen if he will get significant minutes)
  2. Eric Gordon (who would start for a lot of teams, especially in the weak eastern conference)
  3. Gerald Green
  4. Carmelo Anthony (a much better fit in Houston where he will be surrounded by far more talent than they have in OKC)
  5. Marquese Chriss/Nene (PF/C M. Chriss gets to start over with a vastly superior team around him than he had in Phoenix)

What will really hurt the Rockets this season, probably far more than the losses of Ariza and Mbah a Moute, is the retirement of Jeff Bzdelik.

He was the one that installed their new defensive scheme last year which CP3, LMAM, Ariza, Tucker, and Capela all thrived in. He will be missed.