Brugler's First Big Board

Jonboy

–1. Quenton Nelson, OG, Notre Dame (6-4, 325, 5.23, 56)

–2. Minkah Fitzpatrick, CB/S, Alabama (6-0, 201, 4.52, 29)

–3. Bradley Chubb, DE, NC State (6-3, 275, 4.84, 9)

–4. Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State (5-11, 229, 4.49, 26)

–5. Sam Darnold, QB, USC (6-3, 225, 4.74, 14)

http://draftscout.tsxfiles.com/2018/02/06/brugler-big-board-nelson-earns-no-1-spot/

big fan of Brugler, is well respected around NFL circles.

just looking at that current big board, there are a lot of OL and RB around his 25th best player.

as has been discussed already on TR, there is a fairly decent chance when we are on the clock the best player on JRob's board will be a RB or OL, question is does he take the best player or reach for a greater need at OLB/ILB.

16 hours ago, headhunter said:

Like i asked before whats the deal with Fitzpatrick?

This is hard to answer because there's a ton there. He's physical, he has great ball skills, he's been effective at both CB and S, he has a good football IQ, etc. He's probably the best defensive back that's played under Saban, even over last year's two All-Pro safeties (Clinton-Dix and Collins).

Is there something you don't like about him?

2 minutes ago, siamesedinasour said:

This is hard to answer because there's a ton there. He's physical, he has great ball skills, he's been effective at both CB and S, he has a good football IQ, etc. He's probably the best defensive back that's played under Saban, even over last year's two All-Pro safeties (Clinton-Dix and Collins).

Is there something you don't like about him?

I dont like him enough to see him being mocked to go #4 overall to the Browns. I dont know if hes that good. 

Tony Pauline has Davenport mocked to the Titans at 25 in his first post-Super Bowl mock and Brugler has him at 14:

http://draftanalyst.com/monday-musings-post-super-bowl-mock-draft

Says that there's a lot of buzz about him, especially from Raiders and Cowboys.

http://draftanalyst.com/senior-bowl-buzz-wednesday-night

He's got Davenport 24 overall right now.  He's also big on Gesicki, the TE from Penn State, although he doesn't have him ranked in his top 25 now.

http://draftanalyst.com/senior-bowl-risers-offense

On 2/6/2018 at 8:27 PM, headhunter said:

Like i asked before whats the deal with Fitzpatrick?

Remember Jalen Ramsey coming out?

this guy actually likes contact, and is even better. 

If Ramsey can go top 5 this kid is going to 3

2 hours ago, Kyle021 said:

Remember Jalen Ramsey coming out?

this guy actually likes contact, and is even better. 

If Ramsey can go top 5 this kid is going to 3

I just dont see it. Top 3 is ridic for a safety. Hes gotta be around Sean Taylor talent. Ramsey is a shutdown CB is why he go picked that high

Here's something to mull over; Delanie Walker is 33, LaFleur had a lot of success with Matt Ryan when he utilised multiple option targets especially tight-ends. I think it is conceivable that we draft the top TE if he is still on the board at #25.

8 minutes ago, THE_TITAN said:

Here's something to mull over; Delanie Walker is 33, LaFleur had a lot of success with Matt Ryan when he utilised multiple option targets especially tight-ends. I think it is conceivable that we draft the top TE if he is still on the board at #25.

Theres really not one TE that is above the rest of the pack. After the first round should be better for a TE

2 hours ago, THE_TITAN said:

Todd McShay mocked a TE to us in his most recent mock (Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota State). 

I don't personally see it happening, but there are so many directions we could go this year. Picking so late also makes it even harder to predict.

A lot of draftniks are mocking Landry to the Titans.  I don't see him as a good fit.  He's a speed rushing OLB often compared to Dee Ford.  He's not very physical in the run game and JRob likes his tough guys.

Archived