Sign in to follow this  
TitansGuru

503 Errors (Now resolved. Please read for more info.)

Just did an update to software and did something else on the server. The update caused some minor breaks to the layout, which was expected since it was a major update.

I'm moving a dev site off of the server at the moment to see if that fixes anything. Unfortunately, the logs are pretty terrible so I can't diagnose it and go off that.

25 minutes ago, TeamRobinson said:

No more liking posts?

Yes. It's just a CSS issue since it changed with the update. I will switch everyone to the default (ugly) theme and see if anything is better.

I figured it out. We had been under attack by a bot. I have blocked the IP range of the bot and have taken other actions.

My next question is does anyone know if there is any recourse I can pursue for this? My guess is that it is from a competitor. Not sure who else would do it.

8 minutes ago, TitansGuru said:

It's a bot with a North Carolina IP. Someone used a service or paid for it. Others have reported the same bot.

Thanks as always for being proactive and on top of things. Seems weird that someone would pay to do it yet it didn't really stop anyone from using the site. Sometimes I would just go back to the page I was on and click the thread again and it would take me where I wanted to go. I'm blaming Trump or a Trumper.