Lebron James to Lakers

kyle021

20 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Again, I said we have players that shoot the 3 well. OF then brought up players that didn't to argue that I was wrong. I wasn't.

I then went on to provide facts/stats, as to show why everyone who says we don't have ppl that can shoot the three, are wrong.

It actually went down as you bragging about shooting 3s in practice and he said the Lakers were bad at 3s as a team last year and he pointed out that you guys didn't get better at it in the offseason.

It wasn't some ridiculous chain of events like you are trying to portray, of course he is trying to get under your skin... you get so goddamn defensive about everything Lakers related.

But again, OF is just as obnoxious as you when it comes to basketball so it's not like he's level headed

Edited by wiscotitansfan

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is honestly the worst thread on TR.

Roster might be worse than the one he had with CLE last year.  Lot of non shooters there in LA.

Whose next? He’s not signing here alone

3 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Neither are you. You are defending him because he made an irrelevant argument to a question I had about individual players.

I'm not even defending him, I just pointed out on the fact that you missed that he was clearly talking about the fact that you guys really didn't bring anyone in that helped the team get better at 3s

You then have to turn it into some massive conquest to prove that everyone is just being a hater. It's why you are insufferable.

Just now, JakePA_Titan said:

Why you ask? Because he's a hater. 

Mostly just a troll, which you are too. But of course he is a hater, doesn't mean every single person you come across has to be told how great the Lakers are.

It truly is mind-boggling how you don't understand why people don't like you on this site with anything related to Basketball (it has absolutely nothing to do with your racism, lack of football knowledge, always try to point out flaws with the Titans or even related simply to the fact that you're a Laker fan).

No. You're a troll because you've said you've gone out of your way to confront people and argue with them.... Most of the time you don't do it for the "debate", you do it to get a rise out of people. You really don't understand the definitions of words. Jesus Christ you're dumb.

What does your lack of football knowledge have anything to do with Mariota and Mularkey, I'm much closer to you on Mularkey not being an awful coach than I am with most of the ridiculous homers who have their head up their ass about Mariota. That doesn't mean you're not a fucking retard.

You're a racist because your use of the N word and then doubled down how you truly bwlieved the shit you said about black people bringing all their problems onto them and shit and whatever the fuck you said. It's not that you were actually being racist for Initially saying something, it's that people figured out how racist you were after being called out and not even being able to see any issues.

I'm on my phone and in bed but I'm not going to bother digging for specific examples of stupid shit you've said because that would just be a waste of time when I have no doubt that 99% of anyone you've ever encountered on the internet despises you... At some point you just have to realize that you're the one thats the retard, not the entire world around you

And yeah, tonight just proves why you're not worth engaging in... All you do is just want to dig up every post of someone you have an issue with and reply to troll. I troll people plenty by simply only bothering to point out how their train of thought is full of holes and how they are a fucking retard. The difference between you and me though is that you for some reason can't admit you're being abrasive and purposefully confrontational. I have an off switch, you don't.

2 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Yes, thanks for pointing out what I had already stated.

Personally don't care about the win in of itself.

But I thought I should point out that a game was won with a team shooting a lowly 30% from three while it's opponent shot just shy of 40%.

Maybe you'll answer my question that @wiscotitansfan And @Oiler FANatic has avoided. 

Why do ppl put so much importance on the three ball?

Y'all shot 39.1% as a team from 3. We shot 30.4%.

You know what that comes from....

Y'all shot 9 of 23 from three. We shot 7 of 23 from three.

So idiots like OF and Wisco want to scream "yall suck as a team in terms of shooting % from 3".

So they look at that 30% and say ewwwww.

They look at your 39% and say that's pretty good.

But you outscored us by 6 on the 3 ball. But we won by 10. Why?

Again, who cares about the actual win/loss. But look at the why in how we won. We were more aggressive. Attacked the hoop. Got to the line. 

Got Durant fouled out. Far more important than losing the 3 ball by 6 points. Or 9%.

So back to the question. Why so much of an emphasis on 3 ball %?

It can be misleading. Very misleading.

Haha dude you are on idiot. 

Why are you worrying and looking into preseason so much. Idk how you can say granted it’s preseason and then try to make an argument about the outcome. You are literally saying I know this means absolutely nothing but listen to what I’m going to say. I don’t care about the 3s % or really anything when it comes to preseason. Hell even regular season means nothing. All the stats and seeding means nothing unless you can win 4 out of 7. 

25 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

You're an idiot because you can't get past it being preseason. 

No one is saying the win means anything. So do your very very best to understand that. I know it might be hard for you. Sun might be getting to you out west there. But at least try.

I'm wondering how we won even though you shot better from the arc.

Im puzzled by that because I was told if you suck at the 3, you can't win. 

You are trying to argue the significance of how you won....a meaningless game while acknowledging its a meaningless game. And I actually live in a coast climate so harsh sun and heat isn’t something I experience but thanks for your concern. 

I’m not making an argument about shooting 3s so not sure why you are trying to engage with me about that. Maybe it’s because you were recently talking about the Lakers improving their 3 shooting? (Really a question because I haven’t been paying attention to this thread for the past couple of pages but did a quick skim). If you shoot 30% on the year that’s likely the worst in the NBA. Which is also funny because you talk so much shit about Simmons not being a shooter. You can win games without shooting 3s but if you find your self down big you likely are going to lose. Warriors can be down 20 points in the 4th and still come back because of their 3 ball ability as a team. All teams are built differently and clearly the Lakers are not built to be a team that shoots it behind the arc a lot and at a high percentage. You also have to realize the warriors were playing without one of the top defensive players in the NBA so their defense wasn’t at its top level especially when it comes to scoring in the paint. 

Edited by CaliTitan3518

8 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Correct. Whether it's meaningful or not is irrelevant. Glad you grasp that.

No, I said we do have guys who can shoot the three. OF and Wisco made it about us not adding those who could help in that department (even though we did).

Which was also mentioned in this thread thanks to a post by OF. We were the second worst team in terms of 3 ball %. Yet, we finished better than 8 or 9 other teams that shot it better. Funny considering the emphasis ppl put on the three ball.

Correct. But not just at threes. From pretty much anywhere outside of the paint. 

Which was part of my point. Along with the fact we DO have guys that can shoot 3s. I say that because the narrative has become we don't.

Also part of the thread, not sure if you saw, did you know Hart, KCP, and Ingram shot the 3 ball better than anyone on the Rockets last year?  I think other than Ryan Anderson. Shot better than CP, Gordon, and Harden. But ppl say we don't have 3 ball shooters. If we don't have any, then HOU doesnt either. Who is saying that? 

That has never been the argument. And you may be half right. Even if teams do shoot their way back in it, most teams come back from that many points because they pick up the defensive intensity. 

Correct. But it doesn't mean we won't be tough and it doesn't mean folks will take us easily come playoff time. 

So now we are making excuses for a meaningless game?

And I don't think Draymond would have prevented you guys from fouling the shit out of us. Or the refs being whistle happy. If anything, Draymond would have thrown a typical bitch fit over it and maybe gotten tossed. 

All pointless for you to be engaging with me because I think the Rockets suck and once again was not involved with the 3 ball discussion.

not excuses just facts. Draymond who is one of the best defensive players in the NBA did not play. Fact. You stated that the Warriors stars played more than the Lakers top guys yet failed to acknowledge that one of their stars who happens to be their best defensive player wasn’t on the court. 

3 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

A lot say Durant is currently better than LeBron. Obviously Klay and Curry are better than whatever two Lakers would be second and third to LBJ. So who cares if you were missing one of your top 4? Draymond may be the best defender, but it's not like he's the only one that plays D. 

Are you guys still the favorite to win the title without Green? Yes. So who really cares. 

A lot say KD is better than Lebron? Please. Once again just stating facts that Draymond wasn’t out there. Keep arguing over nothing lol

I’ve never even put importance on the 3... I just pointed out you didn’t know how to understand his post

as I’ve said, Lakers are a fine team. I don’t give a shit about them not trying to emulate the Warriors at the perimeter

6 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

What a clown. You started the argument that how we won didn't matter because its preseason. Lmao

Swerve

I said lol at preseason. Then continued to say preseason is meaningless. Not sure how that is an argument but ok simple Jake