Crazy people among us

9 Nines

I was at Costco today to return an item.  There was a line. Two people in front of me, who upon appearances, looked like normal people, engaged in a  bizarre conversation.  They started discussing the election.  To summarize, this is how they saw the election:  Jesuits have always chosen the president as well as most high officials. They pick presidents based on lineage to European royalty.  Supposedly Clinton and Trump were tied in that area.  Pence had a few more links to royalty than Kaine, so the Trump ticket won the Jesuit tie-breaker.  Therefore, Trump won. Also, they added that the Jesuits take more and more from us, but in a minor cycle, they give us a little every few elections.  According to them Trump is one of the give us a little cycles. 

These two people were dead serious in the discussion and they looked like regular, rational people.  I searched for this topic, Jesuits choose presidents. There are a bunch of websites stating this. So evidently this is some wide-spread conspiracy idea.

I always thought you could dismiss these type of people as just a very small percentage of the public, but based on what I saw today, and from interviews with people at Trump's rallies, including the one today, and from posts from the Trump supporters here, I think there might be a bunch of these people among us. 

20 minutes ago, 9 Nines said:

I was at Costco today to return an item.  There was a line. Two people in front of me, who upon appearances, looked like normal people, engaged in a  bizarre conversation.  They started discussing the election.  To summarize, this is how they saw the election:  Jesuits have always chosen the president as well as most high officials. They pick presidents based on lineage to European royalty.  Supposedly Clinton and Trump were tied in that area.  Pence had a few more links to royalty than Kaine, so the Trump ticket won the Jesuit tie-breaker.  Therefore, Trump won.

These two people were dead serious in the discussion and they looked like regular, rational people.  I searched for this topic, Jesuits choose presidents. There are a bunch of websites stating this. So evidently this is some wide-spread conspiracy idea.

I always thought you could dismiss these type of people as just a very small percentage of the public, but based on what I saw today, and from interviews with people at Trump's rallies, including the one today, and from posts from the Trump supporters here, I think there might be a bunch of these people among us. 

About 60% of the people I know with right wing beliefs are extremist in their views. I am talking, "Obama is a Kenyan Muslim Marxist who is pulling strings for Isis and there is a vast overwhelming liberal conspiracy in all of our institutions" bullshit. About half of that half buy dumb conspiracy bullshit like the Illuminati. 

Right wing loonies make up a much more substantial portion of Republicans than left wing loonies make up of Dems. I think that is pretty clear. 

Conspiracy nuts have always been around in our society, they just used to be too scattered and divided to matter much. Talk radio gave them a voice and vocal leaders to rally around. And then internet finally gave them all a way to congregate.

Could be politics, could be extra terrestrials, even flat earthers (I read about one in the NBA today) but these people are all over. It's crazy...

6 hours ago, 'Nator said:

Right wing loonies make up a much more substantial portion of Republicans than left wing loonies make up of Dems. I think that is pretty clear. 

Based on all the idiotic protests on EVERYTHING and people like this:

I highly doubt it.

i mean, I got shit to do a lot of days besides pointless protesting.

1 hour ago, heyitsmeallen said:

What was it?!? Why does Costco sell so much stuff that needs to be returned?!? The Russians have to be involved somehow. 

I returned a golf shirt and some pants.  The shirt was way too small.  I think it was one of those batches of clothing where the sizing was messed up so they bulk sold it to costco.

The pants fit good until I washed them and they became emo pants.

On the other side, I was driving some cadets back into manhattan the other day and some cab driver pulls up to me and asks me if i'm on a special mission for Donald Trump.  WTF?  Then he's like, you guys don't like coming into the city do you with all the muslims and stuff down here.  FUCK OFF DUDE you don't know me!

13 hours ago, Starkiller said:

Conspiracy nuts have always been around in our society, they just used to be too scattered and divided to matter much. Talk radio gave them a voice and vocal leaders to rally around. And then internet finally gave them all a way to congregate.

Could be politics, could be extra terrestrials, even flat earthers (I read about one in the NBA today) but these people are all over. It's crazy...

Kyree Irving's flat earth rant was both hysterical and incredibly sad at the same time. He honestly doesn't believe the earth rotates around the sun either.

7 hours ago, abenjami said:

I returned a golf shirt and some pants.  The shirt was way too small.  I think it was one of those batches of clothing where the sizing was messed up so they bulk sold it to costco.

The pants fit good until I washed them and they became emo pants.

Sox is hard after reading this.

11 hours ago, Justafan said:

On the other side, I was driving some cadets back into manhattan the other day and some cab driver pulls up to me and asks me if i'm on a special mission for Donald Trump.  WTF?  Then he's like, you guys don't like coming into the city do you with all the muslims and stuff down here.  FUCK OFF DUDE you don't know me!

How often do you find yourself being pigeonholed into certain beliefs or ideologies based solely on the fact that you have a military background?

9 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

How often do you find yourself being pigeonholed into certain beliefs or ideologies based solely on the fact that you have a military background?

Honestly not that often but I know it happens quite frequently because I hear about it all the time from other people.  

Archived