Who's your college team?

tinman

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Miami Hurricanes. Been a fan since the early 90's. My grandfather was an alum and former donor an academic program there so I just naturally grew up watching them. Outside of them I naturally ch

I like Dooley.. Just may be in over his head... I use to hate everything orange and white, now I don't really get to bothered by the idiots... Auburn fans are much worse!

OUCH... I hope they beat LSU this weekend.. I am so sick of the LSU hype machine.. They have become USC EAST except they actually play a rough schedule and get tested.. Every year they win a FLUK

I like Dooley.. Just may be in over his head...

I use to hate everything orange and white, now I don't really get to bothered by the idiots... Auburn fans are much worse!

This coming from a Bammer???????????????? Give me a break. Bama has the WORST fans in all of college football, not just the SEC. Fuck Alabama.

I know Bama will beat the hell out of us Saturday, but if there was some miracle and we pulled the upset I would have an eternal hard on.

I'm Vandy all the way because I live in Nashville. They are the perrenial underdogs. Small private school amidst the giant powerhouses. Just look at the enrollment numbers. It's a wonder Vandy can compete so well in most sports just from a sheer numbers perspective.

Texas A&M 52,585

Florida 51,474

Georgia 35,520

Missouri 34,255

Alabama 33,602

South Carolina 30,721

LSU 29,459

Kentucky 28,384

Tennessee 27,523

Auburn 25,078

Arkansas 24,595

Mississippi 21,424

Ole Miss 19,822

Vandy 12,093

The best athletes go to the best football schools. Education doesn't factor in much. It's a pretty limited pool for Vandy but I believe Franklin is changing that. Doesn't he have the 17th ranked recruiting class coming in next year?

What has always hurt Vandy is that the entrance criteria to get into Vandy is much higher than the other schools they are trying to recruit against.. They are limited before they start recruiting due to GPA and the educational requirements.. Florida can take a guy who made c's throughout highschool and made a lower score on the SAT. Vandy wouldn't..

What has always hurt Vandy is that the entrance criteria to get into Vandy is much higher than the other schools they are trying to recruit against.. They are limited before they start recruiting due to GPA and the educational requirements.. Florida can take a guy who made c's throughout highschool and made a lower score on the SAT. Vandy wouldn't..

Do places like Stanford, Notre Dame, and Duke (just to name a few) also face the same challenge?

Do places like Stanford, Notre Dame, and Duke (just to name a few) also face the same challenge?

Duke, Harvard, Yale.. It's like ivy league schools.. Notre Dame and Stanford relax it a bit for special students if you get my drift..

I'm Vandy all the way because I live in Nashville. They are the perrenial underdogs. Small private school amidst the giant powerhouses. Just look at the enrollment numbers. It's a wonder Vandy can compete so well in most sports just from a sheer numbers perspective.

Texas A&M 52,585

Florida 51,474

Georgia 35,520

Missouri 34,255

Alabama 33,602

South Carolina 30,721

LSU 29,459

Kentucky 28,384

Tennessee 27,523

Auburn 25,078

Arkansas 24,595

Mississippi 21,424

Ole Miss 19,822

Vandy 12,093

And roughly 1/2 of that number for Vandy represents graduate students. And referencing getting in for most students - not just athletes, most SEC schools have acceptance rates floating around 70%. Vanderbilt is closer to 15%. Glad they are in the SEC, but frankly, a league with Vandy, Duke, Tulane, Emory (if they played sports for real) and so on, would make more sense.