Starfield

Jamalisms

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Leroy Jenkins would be the best troll player ever on a hardcore server.     

Yes up to 8 nerds at once!

I'm over hear waiting for star citizen lol

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Stranger said:

I'm so pumped for Friday. I bought the digital premium edition last week in anticipation. 

I wish they would have released an elite series controller rather than the base model controller. 

Actually releases at 7 central Thursday night.

32 minutes ago, 9 Nines said:

I read that Starfield will be so good and popular that many NFL teams are concerned about players playing it all the time instead of practicing or some even missing gameday play to play Starfield. 

Kyler Murray will for sure.

3 hours ago, Stranger said:

I'm so pumped for Friday. I bought the digital premium edition last week in anticipation. 

I wish they would have released an elite series controller rather than the base model controller. 

Armored Core has been the first game where I have actually utilized all the paddles on my elite controller… usually I just map only one or two of the paddles to sprint and then something like interact

5 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Armored Core has been the first game where I have actually utilized all the paddles on my elite controller… usually I just map only one or two of the paddles to sprint and then something like interact

I cut my teeth on Elden Ring with mine. Lol 

I've put all the face buttons on the paddles. Never having to take my thumbs off the sticks makes a huge difference in the heat of the moment. 

I can't go back to a base controller again. 

7 hours ago, OilerTitanHybrid said:

People have been exploring 100 thousands of planets in detail over the past few years in Elite Dangerous: Odyssey.  I even posted videos of it in action, but yet oldstooge is still clueless, like it hasn't even happened.  GTFO.  Done.  Next.

Do you understand the difference between procedurally generated content and actual detailed custom content? The answer is clearly no. Don't hurt yourself.

2 hours ago, Jamalisms said:

Nope. Everybody gets it at the same time ... when new Zealand hits 9/1.

so I can't use the CP77 trick on my xbox of changing my timezone to auckland? I miss the old days. I'm building a new PC with the kids so what get starfield at launch for a few months anyway.

3 minutes ago, oldschool said:

so I can't use the CP77 trick on my xbox of changing my timezone to auckland? I miss the old days. I'm building a new PC with the kids so what get starfield at launch for a few months anyway.

In this case it's that you just don't need to. When they hit Sept 1st, everyone gets access. That's why we can play tonight at 7 central.

19 hours ago, OilerTitanHybrid said:

In all the years Starfield has been in development - and after seeing what Elite and NMS have recently done, I thought the devs would have by now included more of Elite Dangerous: Odyssey type stuff in their game from the start.  Starfield could be more of a console type game, that is ported over to the PC aspect of it.  PC'ers will have to wait for awhile to see what the devs and modders come up with.  Just the way it is I guess.

It seems weird to me that you are criticizing some games development stage and age while not factoring in the at least 3-5 years of a head start that Elite Dangerous and NMS had.

As you said, you are excited to see where it eventually ends up and I get that but it seems weird that you keep criticizing it for being a "console type game" without acknowledging that Elite Dangerous and NMS were exponentially more lacking in the substance dept at this stage in the games life cycle of not even being released to anyone. I don't even know what you mean by "console type game" in reference to features unless it's that you don't expect a decade of updates from the publisher or ability to mod the crap outta it... and yes, I do play PC games and obviously use mods to improve the experience.

Just start with and have your entire point be that you don't enjoy games early on in their public lifecycle until it has been worked on for years by internal people and potentially even mods are still necessary. But yes, your point makes sense that as of 9/1/2023 when this game goes live there are multiple other space games that you prefer because they seem to be more fleshed out.

Edited by wiscotitansfan

I don't think they're even more fleshed out, based on what Starfield supposedly represents (only a handful of hours until we start seeing behind the curtain). They might be fleshed out differently with a few features Starfield lacks at the jump but they're far from as involved and lack far more than Starfield does.

In many ways, they're not even in the same realm of a Bethesda game. It's an unfair comparison for them.

Video game reviews are so weird.

IGN rated Starfield a 7/10. Pretty mid, I guess.

... but IGN France gave it a 9/10. IGN Brazil gave it a 9.5 and IGN Japan gave it a 10/10.

So, which IGN do we believe?