I participated in my first auction draft last night. It's a 10 team, 2 QB league with people I distantly e-know.

Halfway through the draft, one of the guys who had a bunch of money noticed I had no QBs yet and he announced he wouldn't let me get one.

He didn't lie. This guy now has 8 QBs and I'm starting Mariota and Eason, while praying Wentz remains unhealthy.

He said he did it to force a trade. I mean, kudos to him?' I'll be damned, double damned, mother fucking extra-triple-super-damned if I trade ANYTHING for one of his QBs. He can burn in hell and we'll both suffer.

1 hour ago, abenjami said:

I mean, maybe you should have grabbed at least one real starting QB after he took 5 or 6.  LOL

Your season is done.

He outbid me on every single one. EVEN FUCKING TAYSOM HILL.

5 hours ago, Jamalisms said:

He outbid me on every single one. EVEN FUCKING TAYSOM HILL.

Kinda seems like you should have bid more.  OR did you blow your entire wad way before QB's starting going?

Not my entire wad but enough that he could outbid me 8 times. For all 6 left.

I should have bought some earlier, as they went for cheap enough ... but at the point he made the decision, it was completely out of my hands.

My two trades netted out as giving up $88 worth of players for $80 worth of players ... one of which is mystery-injured (Ekeler) when I traded for him and another (Trey Lance) who got hurt and lowered his chances of taking over as starter. Given my position over the barrel, I guess that's not entirely terrible at face value.

RB

-Christian McCaffrey

-James Robinson

+Austin Ekeler

+Kareem Hunt

WR

-Cooper Kupp

+Davante Adams

QB

+Sam Darnold

+Tua Tagovailoa

+Trey Lance

Big sad but at least my starters are filled with real players.