Bring Back Cam Wake!

lazyLurker

I know some of you looked at the title of this thread and are thinking to yourselves.  Hell No! he is washed up, and did not do anything for the titans last year.  In a what have you done lately type league, I understand the sentiment.  But... What does this team have to loose?  There is no one here on this board who can honestly say that it can get any worst out there than what we have seen over the past two weeks.  The best way to make up  for a weak group of cornerbacks, is to get to the quarter back quickly.

As someone who watched him for several years on the dolphins, I can tell you that there is not another edge rusher out there with a lower risk, high reward valuation.  Cam is a fitness and health nut.  If anybody is going to be in game shape despite missing training camp, it's going to be him.  And even him at 75% of the last time he played a full season, will lead to a way higher pressure rate per down then what you guys are getting right now.  Cam always gave 100%, it's a matter of principle to him.  That allone will gaurantee you 6.5 sacs and lots of qb hit's and pressure.

The combination of Wake, Clowny, and Beasly (if he comes back at all), will do quite a bit to improve the team speed at the line of scrimmage.  The blue print to beat this defense looks like a pretty easy one:  get the ball out quarterbacks hands quickly and punish corners for the vast amount of space that they are giving up at the line scrimmage because of their skill level

From what I can see, the only thing that this defense has going for it right now is the Safeties.  Byard, Vicaro, and Butler is a fanatic combination.  Give them half decent edge rushers  and they can play closer to the line of scrimmage to help make up for the lack of talent at the corner back position.  I know some of you are pinning everything on getting Adoree Jackson back, but I will state it again, Even what he was there, they were not that good last year outside of logan ryan (and Even he was not that great, just serviceable).  

This is not  a knee jerk reaction thread.  I voiced this concern in my thread from last week, even before the game started.  I believe It's still a good read and you can check it out here:

Anybody who watched last year should have seen that Dean Pees coached and schemed the hell out of that defense.  Mike Vrable has not proven himself to be a defensive mastermind, despite what he may think of himself..  A good head coach... Absolutely.  But his role as a defensive guru is nothing more than an experiment in how far can you stroke your own ego. 

We should also be brining in free agent corners now, before the market gets even drier than what it is already....  Buckle up boys, this team will  probably going to need to run up the score to just to win games by a hair.  

6 hours ago, klaa2 said:

One time Frank Wycheck came in here and I said 'Frank you hang out with Cam Wake, just between me and you, how old is Cam Wake?' You know what Frank told me, he said "Hey, Cam Wake is 137 years old." A hundred and thirty seven years old!

eddie murphy laughing GIF

Archived