Quick Board Update

TitansGuru

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can you replace @kyle021's avatar with a 49er logo?

All, So, I have implemented most of the suggestions so far including the new header(actually added a very slight gradient to the final choice because it looked weirdly flat without it), the incor

Also fixed the widget headers for mobiles since they didn't quite fit right.   Anyway, time to get to the work that pays me. I will be back on this evening to knock some more of this out.

Posted Images

On 1/8/2020 at 11:18 AM, SleepingTitan said:

@TitansGuru I had to refresh browser for work. The "sign in" link on the bar at the top (beside Sign UP) is barely visible. I just clicked there on a whim to find it. 

On 1/7/2020 at 10:00 AM, patsplat said:

a couple notes:

- on desktop, the user icon is really close to the right edge.  Could use some padding to make a more comfortable target.

- on mobile observed a few unstyled notifications, where on new notifications the background is transparent

On 1/7/2020 at 10:42 AM, Supdawg said:

One very small request. Can you change the color of the pins for the topics? The green really clashes. Also the generic names (avatars) why are they different colors? Can you force them to be the same color? 

On 1/7/2020 at 6:32 PM, headhunter said:

On the main page a persons avatar would cover up the time of the most recent post. No big deal though

All done. The others are in the works.

On 1/7/2020 at 11:46 AM, XanderMXIX said:

Can we get a plank emoji. I often have this face when in game thread and would like to let it be known via emoji 

954B8E5C-C356-475A-8473-424A89871990.png

I think we already have your face as an emoji...  ?

On 1/7/2020 at 9:58 AM, Vintagerobots said:

Would it be easy to add the buttons to change pages in a thread at the top of the screen as well? It's a minor thing, but it would be nice to not need to scroll all the way to  bottom of a thread to change pages.

On 1/7/2020 at 10:07 AM, TWR said:

On the mobile view, i would add the ability to change pages next last or select a page at the top of the thread as well. Not a huge deal, but i find myself having to scroll all the way down multiple times to change pages 

Done.

1 hour ago, GoodToGo said:

iPad 5th generation 2048 x 1536. Thanks. 

Can you please verify that my fix worked? Shooting a bit blind without having the same device in front of me.

The link bar you showed me is pure CSS that should only show the backside when hovered over. I've tried to gracefully change the behavior for your iPads with the same screen as yours.

What I've done is taken away the flipping of them and just turned them into mostly pretty normal links for the iPad. I'm using media queries as opposed to user agent mapping so I am relying on the resolution being that of the iPad to target the device.

45 minutes ago, TitansGuru said:

Can you please verify that my fix worked? Shooting a bit blind without having the same device in front of me.

The link bar you showed me is pure CSS that should only show the backside when hovered over. I've tried to gracefully change the behavior for your iPads with the same screen as yours.

What I've done is taken away the flipping of them and just turned them into mostly pretty normal links for the iPad. I'm using media queries as opposed to user agent mapping so I am relying on the resolution being that of the iPad to target the device.

Here’s a current screenshot. 

D7817496-4D07-44F1-B1BA-965C1FD3B486.jpeg

12 minutes ago, GoodToGo said:

Here’s a current screenshot. 

D7817496-4D07-44F1-B1BA-965C1FD3B486.jpeg

I am guessing that the zoom might be up a bit. I have tried a couple more things. Let me know how it looks like now, please.

Edit: I think this might be the case. I just had a friend test it on her iPad with the same retina display/same resolution and it looks as it should.

2 hours ago, TitansGuru said:

I am guessing that the zoom might be up a bit. I have tried a couple more things. Let me know how it looks like now, please.

Edit: I think this might be the case. I just had a friend test it on her iPad with the same retina display/same resolution and it looks as it should.

The issue is still there for me but I’m not worried about it. Might just be my device since it’s fixed for others. Thanks. 

37 minutes ago, GoodToGo said:

The issue is still there for me but I’m not worried about it. Might just be my device since it’s fixed for others. Thanks. 

Alright, so I ran it through a testing program and it looks like when your model is in landscape mode it is 1024px wide (even though the resolution is higher) and I saw the same issue. I applied what would fix it if it was that so I think it should be good to go now. :) 

7 minutes ago, TitansGuru said:

Alright, so I ran it through a testing program and it looks like when your model is in landscape mode it is 1024px wide (even though the resolution is higher) and I saw the same issue. I applied what would fix it if it was that so I think it should be good to go now. :) 

Fixed! Thanks, man. Awesome job on the site. 

• 7 months later...