OILERMAN

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm at the WSOP.  There were 7,761 entries, I cashed for close to 5K.  It was amazing this time.  This was my second Millionaire Maker.  I practiced and studied for two months.  My problem somewhat is

I just played the WSOP Millionaire Maker in Vegas, knocked out 2nd day 265th place, win $5990.  There were 7,275 entries.  I played with some top professionals, I didn't know any of them.  The photogr

OK.  Ready to talk about it.  I got knocked out day one.   I didn't get very many good hands.  I had two nice pots that would have put me back over the 50K starting stack and I played both very well.

Posted Images

That movie had some really cheesy poker play. When they first play KGB raises 10 times the blind(no pro would do this) and some of the play is horrid. I love the movie though

But the best quote in the movie is:

"It's immoral to let a sucker keep his money"

Women are the fucking rake.

But it's not about what you can do, it's about what your opponents can do.

There is a pretty popular poker book called "Kill Phill" that discusses a strategy in hold em tournaments against superior opponents. It basically says the great equalizer is the all in bet. It explains that the best thing to do is go all in and then it removes their skill because all they can do is call or fold. You do not want to be playing better players down to the river. They'll put pressure on you and call you when you don't want them to etc.... The top players gain more info every time another card comes off and you make a bet, check or call.

In pot limit that strategy is taken away.

This is exactly why I detest PL and L. You can't get many reads pre-flop. It's tougher to read ppl on bet patterns until you get to the turn/river several times. (unless you've played with them before) Limit is an accountant's game.

I had about 16k, blinds were 400-800 with a 100 ante... folds to the small blinds, he makes it like 2500 to go, I go all in from the big blind with 44. He calls with AQ, A on the river. The blinds were going to 500-1000 in one minute too.

You figured you were in a coin flip...did you also figure he'd fold most of the time? Idk if I'd consider 16k a short stack even after the blinds bump to 1k especially since you were only due half that on the next hand. In a cash game, I'd say perfect play. TOurny...idk...I would've picked a better spot, letting him take it down. Had you called, see no paint on the flop, you might have gotten an extra bluff out of him if he used a continuation bet. (since you put him on (A--).

1-29-12

130.00 buy in

0 won

11th

2-9-12

70.00 buy in 45 people

12th

0 won

2-18-12

170.00 buy in 149 people

40s

0 won

2-20-12

110.00 but in 40 people

eliminated 20th

0 won

4-1-2012

130.00 buy in 42 people

Out in 11th

Today was my most disappointing elimination. With about 15 people left I was top 3 in chips. I raised on the button with AK and the guy in the big blind shoved with Q3, I called and he got a straight. He figured I was just stealing so it's not a terrible move and it hurt my stack. Then I finally shove with 66, KK calls me and I got a 6, he turns a K. With about 15 people left I thought I was in the money for sure. They were paying 6 people and first was close to 1700

It seems like you're taking stack equity too far. You're getting trigger happy in later stages. 3rd in chips on the button I probably call w/Ak and hope to flop top pair and check raise with it. I tend to play tournaments with the mindset that I wanna stay in the top 25% until final 2 tables. After that, I really tighten up until right up to the bubble cusp. As you probably know, you can rape a lot of ppl on the bubble playing tight, but in early position, slow down!

You limp on the button with AK and don't raise and hope to flop a pair? That's absolutely terrible. And you can't check raise on the button, you're last to act.

1-29-12

130.00 buy in

0 won

11th

2-9-12

70.00 buy in 45 people

12th

0 won

2-18-12

170.00 buy in 149 people

40s

0 won

2-20-12

110.00 but in 40 people

eliminated 20th

0 won

4-1-2012

130.00 buy in 42 people

Out in 11th

4-9-2012

70.00 29 people

out in 5th

You limp on the button with AK and don't raise and hope to flop a pair? That's absolutely terrible. And you can't check raise on the button, you're last to act.

Lol somehow I mistook you being on the big blind and him being on the button. I drink a lot OMAN. 1:37am isn't a good time to take me seriously.

1-29-12

130.00 buy in

0 won

11th

2-9-12

70.00 buy in 45 people

12th

0 won

2-18-12

170.00 buy in 149 people

40s

0 won