The money sounds awesome for both those. I prefer tourneys to cash play but their so damn hard to find locally and anytime I can slip out of town is usually spur of the moment since I do bailbonds. Haven't played in a live tourney in years, but it's definitely my best game.

Cash play, I'm about dead even on money won/lost, but I'm up about 8k from tournaments.

OILERMAN   

I'm playing in a tournament tonight, I'll post the details when I return. Thursday night should be pretty small though

OILERMAN   

I had some interesting spots.....

I started out pretty slow and didn't play many hands. Then I built my stack up and won a huge pot with KK against AK.

I had about 20k(up from 9k) and blinds were 400-800 with a 200 ante. I was in the small blind, 2 people limped in for 800, I had KJ of clubs and limped in for the other 400. The big blind then shoved for another 2500(roughly)..... The first limper sat there a min and called, the 2nd limper then called...time for some math. There was about 10k in the pot, I'm not calling 3 people with KJ, I knew the limpers were not real strong so I isolated by shoving all in for my 19k or so, I only want to be against the short stack, of course they both fold and the big blind flips over A5, about what I expected. He actually got a straight and won but risking 2500 to win 12k is well worth the gamble. Of course the two people that folded complained when they saw I had KJ because they didn't understand the reasoning for my shove.

A little later I had Q9 of hearts, raised and flopped a flush and inside straight draw, a guy bet out and I shoved on him and he folded, won a decent pot.

I started getting low as we played 6 handed on the final two tables, blinds were 800-1600 with a 300 ante and I was down to around 11k. I got 8-10 of hearts and shoved all in, another short stack calls then another guy calls. I'm against KK and AQ. KK gets a fullhouse and I'm out. I like shoving with hands like suited connectors and gappers better than face cards or a weak Ace in these spots in case you get called you have more suckout potential.

OILERMAN   

1-29-12

130.00 buy in

0 won

11th

2-9-12

70.00 buy in 45 people

12th

0 won

2-18-12

170.00 buy in 149 people

40s

0 won

abenjami   

How did you get run this time?

I was up late last night and watched the head to head rematch of the 1989 WSOP. ESPN put it on. Johnny Chan vs. Phil Hellmuth. Chan just simply outplayed him.