Would you trade...

Dmeade-

Bell had a lot of carries last year (and had a boring average per carry), is getting on the long side of a running back career and is holding out.  For where he is being drafted, he is risky to me.   

I think Zeke is better 1 for 1 than Bell. In non-ppr, Elliot for sure and in PPR Elliots likely more TDs evens out with Bell's likely reception advantage.     McCoy was do-not-draft to me, and I like Lewis more especially where he is being drafted. I would counter with Bell for Zeke straight up.  I could see Bell getting injury right out of gate, by not being conditioned properly from sitting out of camp.  Zeke's floor is higher and his ceiling is not much lower. 

BTW, Bell did not report today when everyone thought he would.

2 hours ago, 9 Nines said:

Bell had a lot of carries last year (and had a boring average per carry), is getting on the long side of a running back career and is holding out.  For where he is being drafted, he is risky to me.   

I think Zeke is better 1 for 1 than Bell. In non-ppr, Elliot for sure and in PPR Elliots likely more TDs evens out with Bell's likely reception advantage.     McCoy was do-not-draft to me, and I like Lewis more especially where he is being drafted. I would counter with Bell for Zeke straight up.  I could see Bell getting injury right out of gate, by not being conditioned properly from sitting out of camp.  Zeke's floor is higher and his ceiling is not much lower. 

BTW, Bell did not report today when everyone thought he would.

This is pretty much my thought as well. 

I think Zeke has a big year. 

I want no part of McCoy. 

3 hours ago, Bink said:

Risk reward. If nothing happens with McCoy (and I think this situation is legally murky enough that they can't really prove much of anything) he could be big for your league. 

It’s not just the potential suspension though. The guy is also on the wrong side of 30 and playing in a terrible offense. 

I like Bell, the Steelers will run him into the ground because they don't give a fuck about his health for the rest of his career (They're not resigning him).

If you think he can hold up this year, it's a no-brainer that he will be the best back in the NFL. Assuming he plays at least 14 games.

31 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

I like Bell, the Steelers will run him into the ground because they don't give a fuck about his health for the rest of his career (They're not resigning him).

If you think he can hold up this year, it's a no-brainer that he will be the best back in the NFL. Assuming he plays at least 14 games.

Does he report today? If he does can he really be expected to stay healthy after missing the offseason training camp? We see it every year with holdouts, especially at the RB position. The swap really about Bell for Elliot. 

25 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Does he report today? If he does can he really be expected to stay healthy after missing the offseason training camp? We see it every year with holdouts, especially at the RB position. The swap really about Bell for Elliot. 

For sure, but having an IMO much better RB2 in Dion Lewis than Shady (who as I said, I don't like at all) matters.

I would take Bell #1. The swap is a no-brainer to me.

2 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

For sure, but having an IMO much better RB2 in Dion Lewis than Shady (who as I said, I don't like at all) matters.

I would take Bell #1. The swap is a no-brainer to me.

Interesting you rank Lewis above McCoy? I have Lewis as a RB2 in one league so I would love if he outperforms McCoy.

7 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Interesting you rank Lewis above McCoy? I have Lewis as a RB2 in one league so I would love if he outperforms McCoy.

As I said, I REALLY don't like McCoy... Sure, if I could get him in like the 10th round or something or basically free I wouldn't say no but there is no way I would use any capital on him

PS - I think shady is going to miss some time at some point this season, the NFL at least has to make it look like they care about all these wife-beating thugs in the league... The story makes it seem like he's innocent but NFL will do the NFL thing and give out an unjust suspension to make it look like they care.

45 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

I do it. I dont think anything is happening to McCoy this year and he will get a good amount of touches on that team. 

More uncertainty with Bell than McCoy and Dion isnt in the same league as any of them.

This is what I was thinking.

Archived