Mayweather vs McGregor

heyitsmeallen

2 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

McGregor has lost 4 of his last 5 fights I saw

Yet Dana White promised him a fourth fight against Poirier.

I watched the card and he got thrashed. Breaking his leg was the best thing that could have happened for his legacy as it gave him an excuse. He was getting KO’d in the second.  

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This lol

I'm expecting Mayweather to dismantle him pretty easily.  That said, I'm rooting for Conor and FOOK DA MAYWEDDERS    

I bet $50 on Mayweather to knock McGregor out.

1 hour ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Yet Dana White promised him a fourth fight against Poirier.

I watched the card and he got thrashed. Breaking his leg was the best thing that could have happened for his legacy as it gave him an excuse. He was getting KO’d in the second.  

Much like he was lucky the ref stopped the boxing match against Mayweather, he was on the verge of getting brutally KOed

McGregor just needs to fight Diaz. They are 2 above average fighters that put on a show. It will be entertaining but will have no real impact on the rankings or title fights. 

McGregor isn’t the same fighter as he was at 145. At that weight class the grapplers couldn’t man handle him. At 155 these guys are just too big and strong for him. He can land his left hand still but it’s just not enough for the big guys. Poirer is a great example of this. He’s just a terrible match up for him. 

Edited by CaliTitan3518

13 hours ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

McGregor just needs to fight Diaz. They are 2 above average fighters that put on a show. It will be entertaining but will have no real impact on the rankings or title fights. 

McGregor isn’t the same fighter as he was at 145. At that weight class the grapplers couldn’t man handle him. At 155 these guys are just too big and strong for him. He can land his left hand still but it’s just not enough for the big guys. Poirer is a great example of this. He’s just a terrible match up for him. 

He ain't fightin anyone any time soon.

1 minute ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

It’s not like he is a super active fighter to begin with. He will be back in the octagon in 2022. 

With that leg injury? He ain't fighting next year.

4 hours ago, reo said:

With that leg injury? He ain't fighting next year.

He broke his tibia. He didn’t have his leg amputated. It’s not going to be a 1.5 year recovery.  

Anderson Silva was back to fighting in 13 months and his injury was worse. 

Edited by CaliTitan3518

33 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

He broke his tibia. He didn’t have his leg amputated. It’s not going to be a 1.5 year recovery.  

Anderson Silva was back to fighting in 13 months and his injury was worse. 

I don't care what Silva was able to do. McGregor isn't fighting anytime soon. 3 hour surgery and he'll be in a cast for 6+ weeks before he can even think about recovery much less fighting again.

hell, dude went 1.5 years between fights when he was healthy.

Edited by reo

2 hours ago, reo said:

I don't care what Silva was able to do. McGregor isn't fighting anytime soon. 3 hour surgery and he'll be in a cast for 6+ weeks before he can even think about recovery much less fighting again.

hell, dude went 1.5 years between fights when he was healthy.

Well fighting in 2022 really isn't anytime soon. He will fight in 2022 as long as he wants to. The broken leg will not stop him from doing so. This isn't some extensive recovery and rehab situation. The bone heals and then he just has to condition his body. He doesn't have to learn how to walk again. Its a 6-9 month full recovery and then he is back to training. 

Edited by CaliTitan3518

2 hours ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Well fighting in 2022 really isn't anytime soon. He will fight in 2022 as long as he wants to. The broken leg will not stop him from doing so. This isn't some extensive recovery and rehab situation. The bone heals and then he just has to condition his body. He doesn't have to learn how to walk again. Its a 6-9 month full recovery and then he is back to training. 

sure..... he had a metal rod inserted into his tibia and a metal plate and screws to repair his broken fibula. That's about as extensive of a recovery as it gets. 6 weeks alone before he even gets the cast off and maybe gets the screws out. Then his leg strength, range of motion.. hell... confidence in his leg will be completely gone. His calf will be the size of your forearm. And we're not talking about a grappler here.

6-9 months to a full recovery before he's back to training. It takes 2-3 months to prepare for a normal fight. You can easily double that if he hasn't really trained in 6-9 months due to injury. And then guess what... you're into getting into 2023 range. And that's assuming there aren't any setbacks. If everything goes well and he pushes his recovery, he might be able to fight late 2022 but i'm not one to assume everything will go well.

46 minutes ago, reo said:

sure..... he had a metal rod inserted into his tibia and a metal plate and screws to repair his broken fibula. That's about as extensive of a recovery as it gets. 6 weeks alone before he even gets the cast off and maybe gets the screws out. Then his leg strength, range of motion.. hell... confidence in his leg will be completely gone. His calf will be the size of your forearm. And we're not talking about a grappler here.

6-9 months to a full recovery before he's back to training. It takes 2-3 months to prepare for a normal fight. You can easily double that if he hasn't really trained in 6-9 months due to injury. And then guess what... you're into getting into 2023 range. And that's assuming there aren't any setbacks. If everything goes well and he pushes his recovery, he might be able to fight late 2022 but i'm not one to assume everything will go well.

Using your timeline:

9 Months + 3 months + 3 months= fighting in 2022. 

Edited by CaliTitan3518

12 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Using your timeline:

9 Months + 3 months + 3 months= fighting in 2022. 

58 minutes ago, reo said:

If everything goes well and he pushes his recovery, he might be able to fight late 2022 but i'm not one to assume everything will go well.

+ setbacks/complications = 2023 as I said.

I'm done w/ this conversation. This is going nowhere.

Edited by reo

11 minutes ago, reo said:

+ setbacks/complications = 2023 as I said.

I'm done w/ this conversation. This is going nowhere.

Not sure what kind of setbacks/complications you are expecting. Shit Alex Smith nearly lost his leg due to infections and he was fully cleared and fully participating after 19 months. Believe what you want and I’ll believe what I want. His health will be well documented so we shall see what happens. 

I think the bigger issue is having a fight to take in 2022 and if he wants it. If Poirer is champ there is no way Mcgregor should get a shot at him fresh off the injury. If he isn’t champ then obviously there will be a fat pay day

for him.

55 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Not sure what kind of setbacks/complications you are expecting. Shit Alex Smith nearly lost his leg due to infections and he was fully cleared and fully participating after 19 months. Believe what you want and I’ll believe what I want. His health will be well documented so we shall see what happens. 

I think the bigger issue is having a fight to take in 2022 and if he wants it. If Poirer is champ there is no way Mcgregor should get a shot at him fresh off the injury. If he isn’t champ then obviously there will be a fat pay day

for him.

Yeah and Marc Mariani broke his tibia and fibula in the preseason on 2012. Tried to come back in 2013 and had setback after setback and pretty much missed another year before getting cut in 2014 and was never the same.

Lets not pretend that snapping your lower leg and having rods and metal plates and screws inserted into it is just another day at the office. 

This is a contact sport where he'll be kicking other people's shins with that leg. That leg will never be the same even if it heals perfectly. His career could still very easily be over. Hell, he's already retired once. Fighting again in 2022? TONS of shit would have to go perfectly for that to happen. 

Could it happen? Sure. Will it happen? Probably not.

9 hours ago, reo said:

Yeah and Marc Mariani broke his tibia and fibula in the preseason on 2012. Tried to come back in 2013 and had setback after setback and pretty much missed another year before getting cut in 2014 and was never the same.

Lets not pretend that snapping your lower leg and having rods and metal plates and screws inserted into it is just another day at the office. 

This is a contact sport where he'll be kicking other people's shins with that leg. That leg will never be the same even if it heals perfectly. His career could still very easily be over. Hell, he's already retired once. Fighting again in 2022? TONS of shit would have to go perfectly for that to happen. 

Could it happen? Sure. Will it happen? Probably not.

Didn’t Mariani comeback in 2013 preseason and then suffer a shoulder injury which led to him being put on IR?