3 on 3 basketball is now an Olympic sport

Starkiller

On 6/9/2017 at 6:39 PM, Starkiller said:

Why?

And if there is already a normal basketball team, who is going to be on the 3 on 3 team?

Similar to having different distances and strokes in swimming in my opinion.

11 minutes ago, Dmeade- said:

Similar to having different distances and strokes in swimming in my opinion.

However, if players will only be able to compete in one or the other due to team activities or whatever it would be awful.... But I doubt that will be the case since they care about ratings just as much as the next company

2 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

However, if players will only be able to compete in one or the other due to team activities or whatever it would be awful.... But I doubt that will be the case since they care about ratings just as much as the next company

Yeah swimmers do different events so I'm sure they will make it possible for basketball. I'll watch a 3 on 3 with LeBron, Curry, and Durant dominating. Just an example.

Personally, I love 3s because it's more open and allows for even more creativity, especially if you play with the same guys on a regular basis.  Even not it's fun to try to read your new teammates.

That said, having pros play 3s...I dunno, just seems like it'll be that the first team to get the ball will win.  Defending that sort of space with only 3 guys against elite athletes is impossible, unless you have a dominant shot-blocking center that can just hang around the hoop.

Unless they can absolutely nail the shot clock required to keep it interesting.

Archived