Redesign Is Up

TitansGuru

I don't know if this is just a problem on my end, but since the new update middle clicking on my mouse to open a topic in a new tab opens a new tab and opens the link in my current tab (after a slight delay).

Anyone else having this issue? I'm not having the issue on any other site and it started with this redesign. Any chance for a fix?

Edit: Seems to happen in Chrome 39 and IE 11, but not in Firefox 33...

Edited by Titans279

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am going to regret doing this, but if it is too light, I just mocked this up. We can put it to a vote if people like it a lot more.  

I wasn't planning on doing a redesign just yet but I got started on one and really liked how it went so I am making this available as the default. Please report issues to me via PM after doing a CTRL

Here is what I will do. I was wanting to add a small navigation bar on the side after you scroll down that has the new content, quick nav, and social share links. I can add a settings button there tha

I hate the new design so much. I can't seem to find the settings to adjust it. I can't tell how many pages are in a thread anymore, or when a thread was started. It's just not there when I look at the subforums. So...ummm...how do I adjust the settings?

Just to clarify, I don't hate the appearance. It's just unfriendly. Right now, I don't see a link to the forums on the main TR page. I have to click on a thread, and then go back to the subject. There is no link above a thread to take me back to the subforums. I have to hit a left arrow sign at the top, which is not labeled. I can't tell what page I'm on in a thread. No numbers. I can't tell when a thread was started. There is no information under the threads except, maybe recent post time/date? It's very hard to navigate. I'm guessing it's a settings problem, but when I click on the three line thing that usually indicates settings, none of my choices are settings adjustments. I can change my profile picture, see who's online, etc. But not change my settings? Maybe it's in one that I can't see, or it's under something else. It's just really unfriendly for me. I can't tell how to do anything, and I'm good at computers. I've been posting on forums like this one for like 15 years. I even posted on usenet back in the day. If it's hard for me to figure out, it's hard for others. But again, maybe my theme defaulted funny, and other people can see more than I can. I don't know.

Just to clarify, I don't hate the appearance. It's just unfriendly. Right now, I don't see a link to the forums on the main TR page. I have to click on a thread, and then go back to the subject. There is no link above a thread to take me back to the subforums. I have to hit a left arrow sign at the top, which is not labeled. I can't tell what page I'm on in a thread. No numbers. I can't tell when a thread was started. There is no information under the threads except, maybe recent post time/date? It's very hard to navigate. I'm guessing it's a settings problem, but when I click on the three line thing that usually indicates settings, none of my choices are settings adjustments. I can change my profile picture, see who's online, etc. But not change my settings? Maybe it's in one that I can't see, or it's under something else. It's just really unfriendly for me. I can't tell how to do anything, and I'm good at computers. I've been posting on forums like this one for like 15 years. I even posted on usenet back in the day. If it's hard for me to figure out, it's hard for others. But again, maybe my theme defaulted funny, and other people can see more than I can. I don't know.

I honestly don't follow. Try a CTRL+F5. Those things you mentioned were not changed.

Link to forums on main TR page is there and has not changed.

No link in the thread to go back to the forums/sub forums: it's the exact same code with almost no change to the style and in the same place.

Which settings are you referring to? They should still be on the top. Click your name from any page and then "my settings".

I hate the new design so much. I can't seem to find the settings to adjust it. I can't tell how many pages are in a thread anymore, or when a thread was started. It's just not there when I look at the subforums. So...ummm...how do I adjust the settings?

So, I figured it out...you had manually selected Urban Flat, which is an old mobile skin. I changed it for you.

I don't know if this is just a problem on my end, but since the new update middle clicking on my mouse to open a topic in a new tab opens a new tab and opens the link in my current tab (after a slight delay).

Anyone else having this issue? I'm not having the issue on any other site and it started with this redesign. Any chance for a fix?

Edit: Seems to happen in Chrome 39 and IE 11, but not in Firefox 33...

I will submit a ticket to Invision over this. This was mentioned by some of their other clients. This is forum software related and not board design related.

Thanks! That fixed it! I changed it during a transition, and I couldn't change it back. The option just wasn't there anymore. This is MUCH better, and it looks good too.

Appreciate it!

No problem. If you or someone else does this again, in mobile skins you select "Full Version" to go to the default theme. You can switch to other themes once you are in a non-mobile theme.