Chris Johnson and Eric Dickerson

Btowner

Thinking about Johnson contract issues, it reminds me of Eric Dickerson. Dickerson was an elite back, but his constant holdouts, threats of holdouts and contract disputes eventually gets him traded. His battle with the front offices included getting suspended for not finishing practice, refusing to take a physical,

At one point he was the highest paid RB and was still complaining about his contract. Eventually, the Rams and then the Colts ended up just trading him. He ended up turning his fans against in him in two different cities.

Will CJ be this generation's Eric Dickerson?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was actually going to make a post about this.... Chris Johnson can no longer come out a winner in this whole deal, aside from possibly getting very rich. Assume he gets his wish and gets p

Now you're trying to get everyone to agree with you

Exactly. He's still a finese runner. I will say he hit holes harder last night, but like I said, they were gigantic lanes that he better or else find his ass on the bench. He's a small back in a big b

I was actually going to make a post about this....

Chris Johnson can no longer come out a winner in this whole deal, aside from possibly getting very rich.

Assume he gets his wish and gets paid more than any other RB by a big amount. There is no way he can live up to the expectations that go with it. He'll also likely slow down when he's making huge money and get booed off the field.

If he comes back and is even less of a factor than he was in 2010 it will be super ugly. Let him struggle early or miss a few games with some nagging injury. He'll get ripped to shreds.

If he holds out then the fans will turn on him for being greedy. You already see tons of people turning on Johnson and now saying do not sign him.

I dont think so. I think once he gets paid it wont be an issue anymore. He just put up such huge numbers early on in his career. What ever happens he will be fine from a money standpoint as soon as he gets his new contract.

Amazed that no one brings out the Emmitt Smith holdout when backing the company line in this deal..................................

He bent Jerry Jones over like a prison w**** and let his team start out horrible in 1993 to make his point.............

There are examples both ways in this deal.

My post wasn't about a company line. More about the similarities between 2 elite RBs and the constant contract issues with management.

After Smith's holdout, I don't remember another contract issue until his career was almost over. It seemed like Dickerson was never happy with his contract and that led to holdouts and contract disputes on a yearly basis. Regardless if he was the highest paid or not

Doesn't this make 2 out of 3 years that CJ has contract issues? IMHO, eventually, the missing camp time, preparation and contract distrations eventually led to a decline in Dickerson's effectiveness.

My post wasn't about a company line. More about the similarities between 2 elite RBs and the constant contract issues with management.

After Smith's holdout, I don't remember another contract issue until his career was almost over. It seemed like Dickerson was never happy with his contract and that led to holdouts and contract disputes on a yearly basis. Regardless if he was the highest paid or not

Doesn't this make 2 out of 3 years that CJ has contract issues? IMHO, eventually, the missing camp time, preparation and contract distrations eventually led to a decline in Dickerson's effectiveness.

Its not apples to apples though. Johnson is still playing on an antiquated rookie contract that everyone agrees is out of line.

I'm hoping we give him 60 million now

Yeah, Im hoping its going to be something monumental and gets many of the "smart" fans here crying about us overpaying for an overrated speed back.

And I have a feeling thats what it will be. Something historic thats just going to shock everybody.

Eff the fans, you guys here don't like him anyway, so it really doesn't matter. Get your money, CJ.

You are making into a personal dislike, which (for me and i think most posters here) its not.

Signing him to a really large deal is a bad investment in the future of the team.

I just want to see us win ball games. That money spent on other positions is the best way to do that.

I was actually going to make a post about this....

Chris Johnson can no longer come out a winner in this whole deal, aside from possibly getting very rich.

Assume he gets his wish and gets paid more than any other RB by a big amount. There is no way he can live up to the expectations that go with it. He'll also likely slow down when he's making huge money and get booed off the field.

If he comes back and is even less of a factor than he was in 2010 it will be super ugly. Let him struggle early or miss a few games with some nagging injury. He'll get ripped to shreds.

If he holds out then the fans will turn on him for being greedy. You already see tons of people turning on Johnson and now saying do not sign him.

The Oilerman speakth the truth.

Yeah, Im hoping its going to be something monumental and gets many of the "smart" fans here crying about us overpaying for an overrated speed back.

titansfan we're hoping anything happens in your favor period, it's been a tough lonely go for you and you deserve it. How about one for the "non smart fan" for a change.

You're turning into the broken clock who ISN'T right twice a day

or....

The blind pig that DOESN'T find the acorn.

You're the monkey pecking away on the type writer who DOESN'T accidentally spell a word

It's almost becoming a cruel joke. You post some negative stuff about Harper and the guy looks like the 2nd coming of Michael Turner. You post bad stuff about Ayers and the guy wins the starting strongside spot the next day, you post VY will have an MVP type season and he gets benched for good under Fisher and Adams agrees to cut him. Obviously the LW stuff was 100% wrong. I can't bear to watch this unfold on these forums because I actually like you.

I only ask you one favor....

Can you please post on these forums that I will lead a very short life in misery, broke without ever laying with a woman again. I beg you to type this!