Charges dropped against Alabama Star OT Cam Robinson

kyle021

On June 21, 2016 at 2:11 PM, Kyle021 said:

Thought narcotics were pain medications. 

Stolen guns? What about those. 

Well, how could you get the pain meds if you didn't steal guns to use to rob people for them?  Duh.

23 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

Seems to me like we should just strive to treat ALL young people fairly whether they're a football star or not.

Ideally we should be striving to treat all people fairly but that isn't reality.

If we teach young people that everyone is treated equally, perhaps we are not educating them for real life!

6 hours ago, abenjami said:

Ideally we should be striving to treat all people fairly but that isn't reality.

If we teach young people that everyone is treated equally, perhaps we are not educating them for real life!

You're right. I'm sure we both hate that you're right.

My biggest beef is they got a pass because of their status. That's not ok with me. I'm not sure who said the tough on Crime is one of the worst times on American freedom in here, but he is spot on. 

Most laws aren't written to keep you safe. They're written so corporate run prisons can ensure beds are filled. It's not a shock that the prison population ballooned in the 80's. That's when private run prisons really took off. Do people belive we just have more criminals now? Well, the sheep believe this narrative. 

I just have an issue with them being given preferential treatment because they play football. Had this been two poor kids from Louisiana with no NFL prospects, this DA wouldn't have cared one bit about ruining their lives.

I dont like that they werent given any punishment just because they play football. 6 months in jail? 750 hours of community service? Nothing... you dont have to ruin their lives or their opportunity to make money but you do need to give them SOME kind of punishment.

6 hours ago, Dinx81 said:

I dont like that they werent given any punishment just because they play football. 6 months in jail? 750 hours of community service? Nothing... you dont have to ruin their lives or their opportunity to make money but you do need to give them SOME kind of punishment.

Sheeet...that's what you get for rape, apparently! 

3 hours ago, Righteous said:

And by the way, I didn't see any outrage concerning Brock Turner's sentence on here of the Off Topic Board.  I guess outrage about crime is not treated fairly either.

That shit makes me want to puke. 

I mean wtf

6 hours ago, TennesseeTuxedo said:

Money talks. Rule of Law walks.

Money talks is pretty much how our society works whether you are talking about the law or anything else.