Specialty Coffee - ordering online for delivery (Changed from Sump Coffee)

9 Nines

Nice. I'll give that a look @9 Nines 

I have also been trying out some Sump as well. This anaerobic is nice. Whereas most naturals are blueberry and juicy fruit notes, this is like sour effervescent raspberry notes. I enjoy the smaller quantities as well. 

https://www.sumpcoffee.com/products/sump-reserve-ethiopia-haro-welabu-8-oz-anaerobically-processed

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I saw this and knowing my man 9’s, I thought he’s talking about coffee made with sump pump water. Lived here most of my life and I have never heard of City Blvd. WTF!  You gotta admit Blvd’s are gener

They are pretty good. Not my side of town, but for a high volume shop, they are consistent and their beans are usually distinct and good quality.  I would go often if it were more convenient for me. 

This whole complex was pretty big news. Microsoft moved their regional office there and the best speciality doctors in Nashville are located there. Its not exactly under-the-radar.    Show m

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Downtown said:

Nice. I'll give that a look @9 Nines 

I have also been trying out some Sump as well. This anaerobic is nice. Whereas most naturals are blueberry and juicy fruit notes, this is like sour effervescent raspberry notes. I enjoy the smaller quantities as well. 

https://www.sumpcoffee.com/products/sump-reserve-ethiopia-haro-welabu-8-oz-anaerobically-processed

Have you had enough Sump coffee to define it.  How would you compare it in taste and roast style to the Nordic roasters such as Wendelboe & Coffee Collective? 

2 minutes ago, 9 Nines said:

Have you had enough Sump coffee to define it.  How would you compare it in taste and roast style to the Nordic roasters such as Wendelboe & Coffee Collective? 

Sump is not as consistent as CC or Wendelboe. But they probably are the best “pick it up in town option.”

I think Wendelboe is probably your best match for style and consistency. Pour Cleveland makes ordering so easy with the Shop app as well. 

Coffee Collective I’ve never had great success with their extremely light geishas or specialty lots, so I tend to stay away from their limited editions as I want to be hit over head with flavor on that stuff. Their washed coffees (especially Kenyans) are really good though. 

So I search out other roasters for naturals, anaerobic, etc as I want those to be flavor bombs. 

8 minutes ago, Downtown said:

Sump is not as consistent as CC or Wendelboe. But they probably are the best “pick it up in town option.”

I think Wendelboe is probably your best match for style and consistency. Pour Cleveland makes ordering so easy with the Shop app as well. 

Coffee Collective I’ve never had great success with their extremely light geishas or specialty lots, so I tend to stay away from their limited editions as I want to be hit over head with flavor on that stuff. Their washed coffees (especially Kenyans) are really good though. 

So I search out other roasters for naturals, anaerobic, etc as I want those to be flavor bombs. 

On this order, I checked the box for updates.  Do you get those?  Should it alert me to new coffees Pour Cleveland gets?  Does the ap do that? What benefits are there to the aps, and would I get it in the Play Store? 

Just now, 9 Nines said:

On this order, I checked the box for updates.  Do you get those?  Should it alert me to new coffees Pour Cleveland gets?  Does the ap do that? What benefits are there to the aps, and would I get it in the Play Store? 

The Shop app is just a portal for your order and delivery. I don't get any updates. Pour Cleveland is just a vendor that uses the Shop app for delivery, etc. But its nice and convenient with alerts, etc. 

I don't usually get any updates from Pour though. Just keep an eye out when getting low and subscriptions aren't coming. 

• 1 month later...

@Downtown

I had this before.  I tastes exactly (not close, exactly) like IPA beer.   The roaster has a new batch.  Its worth getting just to experience it. 

https://www.vibrantcoffeeroasters.com/collections/coffee/products/edwin-norena-gold-washed-anaerobic-pink-bourbon-limited-roast

Edited by 9 Nines

• 1 month later...
On 8/6/2021 at 4:29 PM, Downtown said:

The Shop app is just a portal for your order and delivery. I don't get any updates. Pour Cleveland is just a vendor that uses the Shop app for delivery, etc. But its nice and convenient with alerts, etc. 

I don't usually get any updates from Pour though. Just keep an eye out when getting low and subscriptions aren't coming. 

Two new Wendelboe coffees at Pour Cleveland, an Ethiopian and Kenyan, roasted 11-4 at Pour Cleveland.  I got two of the Kenyan. Winey, blacberries & blackcurrants

12 hours ago, 9 Nines said:

Two new Wendelboe coffees at Pour Cleveland, an Ethiopian and Kenyan, roasted 11-4 at Pour Cleveland.  I got two of the Kenyan. Winey, blacberries & blackcurrants

Nice. I have been trying Junto Coffee from South Carolina in-between my subscriptions. They have some wacky lots. One is an experimental frozen cherry lot that is the first anaerobic natural that I have had to drink only occasionally because its just too much. But otherwise, the other Junto lots have been good and more traditional profiles. 

6 hours ago, Downtown said:

One is an experimental frozen cherry lot that is the first anaerobic natural that I have had to drink only occasionally because its just too much. 

I have learned to tend to steer away from natural processed coffee, and will not buy anaerobic.  I have thrown out several.  One tasted exactly like IPA beer. Neat but after two brews, one not finished, I threw it out. 

Edited by 9 Nines

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, 9 Nines said:

Do higher water?  I usually do 17:1.  For tea-like, go 18:1 or higher? 

Meaning water temperature is huge in my experience. Letting it open up with ample

time and the cool down to bring out the delicate flavors. Precision is key to maximize it, otherwise it’s easy to lose the value if you rush it.