Don’t expect the Raiders to bid on Michael Huff

reo

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/29/dont-expect-the-raiders-to-bid-on-michael-huff/

Huff worries me a little after reading Sapp's comments, granted that was a while ago but there's no telling if he'll go all Haynesworth on us if we got him. And it depends on what they want to do w/ the safeties. If they want a box safety, Huff ain't the guy. If they want interchangable safeties still or to put Griff in the box more again then it's possible.

I like the idea of interchangeable safties if both can play in the box. I'm not a fan of a lot of cover 2. I like the idea of being able to bring a safety down and mix up their blitzes and if you have 2 safeties that can come down to blitz then that type of interchangeable is interesting but I'm not sure if Huff can do that a lot.

Could be interesting to see what they'll do though and it'll all depend on what they of pressure they can get and how they want to generate it.

I'm still expecting Schommer to get the start this year though.

I think we will see Hope starting this year at a reduced salary. He may have lost a step, but he is a leader, and this team is certainly lacking that. He is scheduled to make 6.5 mill, offer him half that..where else would he get that kind of payday this season?

I think we will see Hope starting this year at a reduced salary. He may have lost a step, but he is a leader, and this team is certainly lacking that. He is scheduled to make 6.5 mill, offer him half that..where else would he get that kind of payday this season?

Also a possibility but if Fisher really almost benched him for Schommer, I could really see Munchak pulling the trigger on that... but we'll see.

I'm definitely not expecting any FAs.

He is terrible and is a constant liability when the opposing teams are passing. Having leadership should not be a reason to keep him around.

Unless Schommer plays lights out and unseats Hope (again), you are right, he is probably coming back.

And will likely get his full salary, which irritates me.

I don't see us going after a S in FA.

Unless Schommer plays lights out and unseats Hope (again), you are right, he is probably coming back.

And will likely get his full salary, which irritates me.

I don't agree with this. They almost made the switch late last year and with Hope's salary I think he'll get cut.

If Hope is kept it will be because Gray wanted to keep him and thought he was the best option.

It will be interesting to see if a switch in the defensive scheme will help certain players, like Hope. I liked when I heard Jerry Gray say he will fit the scheme to the players, and it will be nice to have a "real" DC...not someone who is in way over his head.

Schommer may well be the guy, but with no off season and a possible abbreviated training camp, let them battle it out and the best man wins. That is where leadership will help. It would suck to get to the regualr season and find out Schommer can't play very well.

I don't agree with this. They almost made the switch late last year and with Hope's salary I think he'll get cut.

If Hope is kept it will be because Gray wanted to keep him and thought he was the best option.

I agree. That they almost made the switch mid-season is pretty big. It really all depends on what Gray wants and what he thinks of his other options.

Believe me, I am praying for this every night.

With their new project safety and Robert Johnson/Rolle, I think they'll stick with Hope for now and restructure his contract. (or maybe not if they use it to fulfill the cap floor). I think there will be too much competition for even middle of the road safeties in free agency for the Titans to consider it.

There's better value on the market for defensive line, offensive line and wide receiver. I'm not sure which of those they'll address but that's where they'll probably be targeting.

With their new project safety and Robert Johnson/Rolle, I think they'll stick with Hope for now and restructure his contract. (or maybe not if they use it to fulfill the cap floor). I think there will be too much competition for even middle of the road safeties in free agency for the Titans to consider it.

There's better value on the market for defensive line, offensive line and wide receiver. I'm not sure which of those they'll address but that's where they'll probably be targeting.

I tend to agree in regards to RJ/Rolle having an impact on whether or not they go the FA route but I'm just not sure if they stick w/ Hope or go w/ Schommer. If they do like Schommer, they can cut Hope and then have a competition in camp between the remaining 3 w/ it probably going to Schommer.

But the snag is the new regime. RJ/Rolle were drafted w/ Fisher at the helm and Cecil at DC. They could very easily decide to go a different route entirely and just bring in an FA that they like. Personally, I think that's unlikely but possible.

I think the mostly likely scenario is to cut Hope, have a competition between Schommer, RJ and Rolle and then if none step up this year, draft a safety high next year.