marathon under 2 hours

titanruss

Dude just set a record for fastest marathon run. Doesnt "officially" count as its not a sanctioned event and he had olympic-level pace runners swapping in and out to help him keep pace. 

Still.. pretty damn cool. 

His time was 1:59:40

Pace was around 13.2 mph.

Some of you mofos cant run 10 yards that fast. 

Crazy what humans can do when pushed. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/kenya-s-eliud-kipchoge-becomes-first-person-run-marathon-under-n1065376

• 2 months later...

I was doing sprints the other day. I do between 130-140 yards each sprint. I've been doing sprints for years and can still run fairly fast, especially for a 48yr old. 

I have an app that times the sprints and also breaks down your speed in term of a mile pace. 

I noticed my pace was around 4:40 for 130+ yards and remembered this thread. 

The thought of running this speed for 26 miles is one of the most incredible physical feats I can think of. 

3 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

I was doing sprints the other day. I do between 130-140 yards each sprint. I've been doing sprints for years and can still run fairly fast, especially for a 48yr old. 

I have an app that times the sprints and also breaks down your speed in term of a mile pace. 

The thought of running this speed for 26 miles is one of the most incredible physical feats I can think of. 

It's almost hard to believe.  I don't think there's a greater athletic feat on the planet than this.  It's one of those things where you almost say "that can't be good for you."  Knees, hips, and ankles only have so much cartilage protecting the joints and when does rhabdomyolysis set in. Talk about a runners high...lol 

On 1/4/2020 at 4:09 AM, OILERMAN said:

It probable seems that way because short people have to work harder to run that fast because they don't have the stride of taller people.

56 minutes ago, abenjami said:

It probable seems that way because short people have to work harder to run that fast because they don't have the stride of taller people.

While there is truth to this that pace is amazing at any height 

On 1/7/2020 at 7:49 AM, abenjami said:

On 1/7/2020 at 8:46 AM, OILERMAN said:

While there is truth to this that pace is amazing at any height 

Even crazier when you realize Oilerman is probably taller. the runner was only 5 feet 5.75 inches tall. 

1 hour ago, titanruss said:

Even crazier when you realize Oilerman is probably taller. the runner was only 5 feet 5.75 inches tall. 

What? That is crazy, I assumed it was one of those 6-2 skinny Kenyan types, This is crazy 

Archived