Alcohol Withdrawal

pat

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of the main reasons people become addicts and substance abusers is a lack of a real human connection.    She is lucky to have you two around for this. She will feel a lot of shame but co

It would be.

You should consider putting some HD surveillance cameras in that extra bedroom to ensure she isn’t drinking in there!

Posted Images

11 hours ago, abenjami said:

Was it because of ingredients in the coffee itself or materials used in the cups, etc.?

And why would it be BS?  If Starbucks or anyone else wants to do business and make money in a state, they have to follow that state's laws.  That's a pretty straightforward legal concept.

California claims that the process of roasting coffee beans results in high levels of acrylamide and makes coffee highly carcinogenic. So they sued because Starbucks doesn't have a label on their coffee saying their coffee causes cancer. 

Its bullshit because Coffee doesn't cause cancer and no company should be forced to say their product causes cancer when it doesn't. Coffee is recommended in most diet plans. 

2 hours ago, GOAT9 said:

California claims that the process of roasting coffee beans results in high levels of acrylamide and makes coffee highly carcinogenic. So they sued because Starbucks doesn't have a label on their coffee saying their coffee causes cancer. 

Its bullshit because Coffee doesn't cause cancer and no company should be forced to say their product causes cancer when it doesn't. Coffee is recommended in most diet plans. 

I saw this warning in a Starbucks in Venice Beach, CA which made me curious, so I researched it a bit. It's horseshit. 

Here's a good write up about it

https://newfoodeconomy.org/coffee-acrylamide-california-proposition-65/

Edited by 'Nator

12 hours ago, GOAT9 said:

Where did you see that California sued because there was no label saying coffee causes cancer?

I have lived in California my entire life and I don't think I have ever seen a label or warning sign that says a product causes cancer.  I do see warnings every day that say a product contains something that has been linked to cause cancer, etc. but that's very different.

10 hours ago, 'Nator said:

I saw this warning in a Starbucks in Venice Beach, CA which made me curious, so I researched it a bit. It's horseshit. 

Here's a good write up about it

https://newfoodeconomy.org/coffee-acrylamide-california-proposition-65/

Yeah. I mean its not horseshit to make cancer warnings if it causes cancer but people could use some damned common sense. 

1 hour ago, abenjami said:

Where did you see that California sued because there was no label saying coffee causes cancer?

I have lived in California my entire life and I don't think I have ever seen a label or warning sign that says a product causes cancer.  I do see warnings every day that say a product contains something that has been linked to cause cancer, etc. but that's very different.

The actual text(s) of Prop65 warnings:

WARNING: This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer.

WARNING: This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.

http://www.klgates.com/warning-proposition-65-warning-requirements-have-changed-01-04-2017/

So yes, they do say they are "known to cause cancer."

And some of them are just fucking ridiculous.

But, it IS Kalifornia after all.

1 hour ago, abenjami said:

The difference is common sense. But you just said you have lived in Cali your entire life so its okay. Nobody expects you to have any of that. 

9 hours ago, TitanDuckFan said:

The actual text(s) of Prop65 warnings:

http://www.klgates.com/warning-proposition-65-warning-requirements-have-changed-01-04-2017/

So yes, they do say they are "known to cause cancer."

And some of them are just fucking ridiculous.

But, it IS Kalifornia after all.

I totally agree the prop 65 warnings can be ridiculous.  Some of them make sense (i.e. gas stations) but this Starbucks one is a good example of a ridiculous one.

All i'm saying is there's a difference between "this product causes cancer" and "this product contains an ingredient known to cause cancer".

9 hours ago, GOAT9 said:

The difference is common sense. But you just said you have lived in Cali your entire life so its okay. Nobody expects you to have any of that. 

So says the guy who throws a fit when Starbucks gets sued.

26 minutes ago, abenjami said:

So says the guy who throws a fit when Starbucks gets sued.

Yes, its upsetting that time, resources, and court costs are being wasted on horseshit when it could be used to actually accomplish something. But its California and everything there is just a giant waste so who cares. 

12 minutes ago, GOAT9 said:

Yes, its upsetting that time, resources, and court costs are being wasted on horseshit when it could be used to actually accomplish something. But its California and everything there is just a giant waste so who cares. 

You obviously care quite a bit.  Those of us who live in California pretty much ignore the prop 65 warnings, they're everywhere.