A REAL FORM of NFL PLAN B LEAGUE in the OFF SEASON...

TitanRein27

If there was ever an expansion idea regarding another professional football league (outside of another painfully stupid XFL/AAFXYZ wanna-be-mockery), it would be rotating eight NFL teams every off-season with their practice squad and 1st-3rd year players ONLY to compete in an expansion season to run from February thru April Draft Weekend. Each B-squad would be coordinated by team assistants and ran by the offensive and defensive coordinators. None of the head coaches would participate, nor would 4th year plus veterans be allowed to play. Players do not have to be required to play in NFL-B; and open for any and all eligible players to show their talent. Ticket sales could also be significantly reduced or practically cost nothing for fans to watch "live" while the national fan bases would be watching their NFL TEAMS on the network channels rather than these stupid uniformed imposters. Steve Spurrier could still shove his ego into the mix - I'm sure, as would any other outside coach wanting to participate (hired as a B-coaching-consultant).

Top players would be protected from injury as would certain top rookie/future stars depending on front office decision making and participation. Instead of having to look at these horrid uniforms in the current AAF, each of the participating NFL-B teams could simply be called by their (logo) or (city name) rather than the traditional combined name.   

You give scoff and glare at this idea initially, but rather this be the extension-league than see more money and time wasted on something that (let's face it) will NEVER be as popular or decent substitute as an off-season football alternative. 

3 hours ago, TitanRein27 said:

If there was ever an expansion idea regarding another professional football league (outside of another painfully stupid XFL/AAFXYZ wanna-be-mockery), it would be rotating eight NFL teams every off-season with their practice squad and 1st-3rd year players ONLY to compete in an expansion season to run from February thru April Draft Weekend. Each B-squad would be coordinated by team assistants and ran by the offensive and defensive coordinators. None of the head coaches would participate, nor would 4th year plus veterans be allowed to play. Players do not have to be required to play in NFL-B; and open for any and all eligible players to show their talent. Ticket sales could also be significantly reduced or practically cost nothing for fans to watch "live" while the national fan bases would be watching their NFL TEAMS on the network channels rather than these stupid uniformed imposters. Steve Spurrier could still shove his ego into the mix - I'm sure, as would any other outside coach wanting to participate (hired as a B-coaching-consultant).

Top players would be protected from injury as would certain top rookie/future stars depending on front office decision making and participation. Instead of having to look at these horrid uniforms in the current AAF, each of the participating NFL-B teams could simply be called by their (logo) or (city name) rather than the traditional combined name.   

You give scoff and glare at this idea initially, but rather this be the extension-league than see more money and time wasted on something that (let's face it) will NEVER be as popular or decent substitute as an off-season football alternative. 

Fuck it. I like this idea.

7 hours ago, TitanRein27 said:

They already do this 4 times a year and those games suck too. It’s called Pre-Season.

I dont think it will ever happen but the best idea I have come up with is a real union between the cfl and nfl.

The two lagues will be treated like top and secondary leagues in european Soccer leagues. The worst team or 2 teams in the nfl are demoted to the cfl and the top team or 2 is promoted to the nfl.

Now this wouldn't work 2 well at first with even a terrible nfl team being superior to any cfl team but give it 5-10 years and you would end up with something very interesting.

10 hours ago, Callidus said:

I dont think it will ever happen but the best idea I have come up with is a real union between the cfl and nfl.

The two lagues will be treated like top and secondary leagues in european Soccer leagues. The worst team or 2 teams in the nfl are demoted to the cfl and the top team or 2 is promoted to the nfl.

Now this wouldn't work 2 well at first with even a terrible nfl team being superior to any cfl team but give it 5-10 years and you would end up with something very interesting.

This might be tough to  pull off given the differences between the NFL and CFL game. 

1 hour ago, Mythos27 said:

This might be tough to  pull off given the differences between the NFL and CFL game. 

Ya i thought of that. Also the fact this wouldn't make a spring football league. Since moving teams from one to the other if they dont play at the same timr would be unfair.

Archived