Who thinks it’s possible Mariota has a fractured vertebrae?

IsntLifeFunny

16 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

The news coming out is crazy to me. I have no idea how they would not shut him down with multiple nerve injuries and a fracture. I still don’t believe that’s what happened. If it did it doesn’t make any sense with how the franchise has tried their best to protect the guy after Whiz. 

I agree.

But he's been listed on the injury report for weeks with an abdominal problem, and abdominal problems (from what I read) are often associated with Transverse Process fractures, as the fractures are often avulsion fractures where the lower back muscles (lumbar) actually cause the TP to crack due to a violent bending or twisting event.

So there's more than one indicator that it may have been that.

But in may not have been a TP fracture at all, and/or may have been higher up in the back where the TPs aren't related to abdominal issues.

Either way, he needs to bulk up and learn to protect himself better.  He gained a few pounds a couple of years ago, and then shed them again for the sake of his running ability in the Mularkey offense.  He needs to put that shit behind him and bulk up so he can survive some abuse.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sounds like Mariota is incredibly tough for wanting to play through a possible neck injury. ?

Not all vertebrae fractures are equal. Guys have played with them before. This thread is dumb.

Right, and you are generalizing medical issues that aren't as straightforward as you want them to be. The issue is you are making assumptions as if your conclusions are obvious and apparent and they a