Sign in to follow this  
Jamalisms

Episode 169 - Titans Bye Week Into Cowboys

The Two Tone Crew returns late in the bye week to discuss where things stand and what to expect moving forward. Scotty and Jamal tackle the offense from weaknesses to solutions and who the Titans added to the many people and positions they didn't. In a gut-check moment, both give their perspective on whether or not this team is really going to challenge for the playoffs and, if they do, how they will accomplish it.

http://traffic.libsyn.com/twotonecrew/Episode_169.mp3

Thanks guys. I'm not nearly as doom and gloom as you guys but you certainly could be right. The main thing I wish Mariota would do is throw it away more and not take the sack. He also needs to slide when running. Cheers, we're going to win on Monday.

Edited by Tex in a Can

OILERMAN   
57 minutes ago, Tex in a Can said:

He also needs to slide when running. 

I actually mean to mention how reckless he has been running this year, almost Locker/RG reckless. 

WVTITAN   

Good talk guys.

Im with Jamal on trying to figure out a way to get the best 11 guys on the field.  Smith has been a big disappointment both catching and blocking.  I’m sure Fowler will play more against New England and be more effective.

WVTITAN   

I still think, assuming Mariota’s play is subpar the remainder of the year, they should pick up a Guy like Sam Bradford in the offseason to create real competition at QB and if Bradford is better move on.  Find a Qb in 2020 years draft. If they end up with a top 10 pick move up and get a Qb this next draft.

WVTITAN   
1 minute ago, Jamalisms said:

Bradford is a walking jinx. Don't bother.

I think he can operate a short passing game and be a stopgap guy for a year he healthy.  We as fans could be looking at a year and a half of horrible offense as it currently stands.

OILERMAN   
24 minutes ago, WVTITAN said:

I still think, assuming Mariota’s play is subpar the remainder of the year, they should pick up a Guy like Sam Bradford in the offseason to create real competition at QB and if Bradford is better move on.  Find a Qb in 2020 years draft. If they end up with a top 10 pick move up and get a Qb this next draft.

They could do what teams have done recently, acquire a vet like Bridgewater, draft one and play Mariota on the 5th year option and asses 

WVTITAN   
1 minute ago, OILERMAN said:

They could do what teams have done recently, acquire a vet like Bridgewater, draft one and play Mariota on the 5th year option and asses 

I think off season competition is the key.  Bridgewater would work too as opposed to Bradford.  If Mariota plays poorly over the next 9 games why bother paying 20m for a fifth year option?  Just move on.

OILERMAN   
4 hours ago, WVTITAN said:

If Mariota plays poorly over the next 9 games why bother paying 20m for a fifth year option?  Just move on.

I guess it depends on how he plays but guys like Bradford and Tyrod Taylor got in the 16-20 range so it’s  not a huge amount for the 5th year option 

WVTITAN   
18 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

I guess it depends on how he plays but guys like Bradford and Tyrod Taylor got in the 16-20 range so it’s  not a huge amount for the 5th year option 

It’s just kicking the can down the road IMO.  

Bringing in a vet to compete sounds good to me. Once you look at the free agent list though it's either Tyrod Taylor, Teddy Bridgewater, Trevor Siemian, Josh McCown, or Brett Hundley barring released players (maybe Bradford will be an option).

Bridgewater is the most appealing to me, but people forget he wasn't exactly lighting it up before his catastrophic knee injury (see below). A lot of people didn't think he looked like a long term starter. He didn't pass much and relied on his run game and defense to win. Still, his brand of not losing the game might be better than Mariota's brand... only one way to find out!

I don't think we should draft a QB 2-3 because then either have to be your 2nd stringer or you commit to carrying 3 QBs. Also only about 1/3 of QBs who've attempted 100+ passes this year were not first round picks. The odds of finding a decent QB outside the first round are very small.

That doesn't seem like a smart use of resources considering our other holes. That 2-3 rounder can be better spent on another position with a higher likelihood of yielding a productive player.

gPHuFEX.png

Edited by Titans279