NBA Talk

CaliTitan3518

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Or you're just that annoying and have wayyyyy too many conversations with yourself where they don't want to wade through the trash.... I have you on ignore because you're annoying as fuck when you go

You truly try to live up to the name Simple Jake, right?

It was for George and Kawhi though

Posted Images

1 hour ago, JakePA_Titan said:

That's weird. 

Side note. 

Just learned Harden took only one shot in the last 7-8 minutes. 

Is that true? I was watching and almost dont believe it. 

What kind of MVPs let that happen?

What kind of MVP has a team that can keep pace with the most powerful team without their MVP doing what he does best?

While being able to run might be normal for some people I don’t think you can consider it a normal activity for all people. I wouldnt expect a most 40-60 year old people coming off a torn Achilles to be able to run after 6 weeks. Most of them probably aren’t running period so idk how it could be considered normal. 

Warriors were doing a good job forcing him to pass the ball. Obviously he has to be better in order for them to pull it out. 

Im actually kind of excited to see what the warriors look like without KD. I’ve always said I enjoyed watching them more without him. If Steph and Klay can get back on track it’s a pretty even match up. Looney was a monster in game 5. Iggy has been good. We just need a couple bench guys to step up and log quality minutes. 

Hopefully we pull it out but I’m not going to be heart broken if we lose. 

Edited by CaliTitan3518

Every single shot the Rockets take originates from Harden, and no one has a higher usage rate in NBA history. He's doing all he can do. So saying he's not doing anything is completely laughable. It's Paul and Capela that are under performing. Capela especially has been totally worthless in this series.

Harden doesn't deserve any blame for this one....he's played his ass off has done what he can, despite being the focus of very good defenses in Utah and GS. It comes down to the role players making shots. Gordon is streaky as hell, CP3 can barely take Jerebko off the dribble now, and several guys like House and Green, who were great in the regular season, have stunk it up again. 

Even without Durant, the Warriors have a major talent advantage so I'm not sure why people act like its an embarrassment to lose to GS. They are simply the greatest assemblage of talent ever, maybe in sports period. Not having Cousins or Durant narrows the talent gap quite a bit, but they still have 3 bona fide All Stars in their prime, plus a former Finals MVP and all-world defender in Iguodala. Despite that, the Rockets are right there with them in every game.

I laugh at people who in one breath talk about the Warriors being the greatest dynasty ever, and in the next talk about Harden's legacy is soiled because he can't beat them (with no other All Stars on his team). It's funny.

Edited by kgsTitan

Harden isn't coming up small or being a ghost. It's a nonsense narrative. This is one of the closest series of all time...each game decided by 6 or less..and the Rockets are the  less talented team, led by Harden, through whom the entire offense is run. 

If he's trapped and doubled which he almost always is, hes been penetrating and kicking and finding guys, just as he should. If Gordon and Tucker knock them down consistently, the Rockets win. If not, they lose. It really is that simple.

The consensus seems to be that Durant was fantastic in this series, and Harden is about to spoil his legacy, while their numbers were basically identical. And Harden carries far more of a scoring burden. 

If he was failing, I would be one of the first to call him out, because he did collapse against the Heat, Warriors and Spurs in the past, but it's just inaccurate this time.

It’s alright to admit that he can carry the team and still have some extremely sub par minutes

when Embiid has been sick or injured or whatever he is and he wasn’t doing shit offensively or defensively the team had a better +/- than with him on the bench.... You can attribute his presence as being vital to the team but for all intents and purposes he’s doing nothing 

When the MOST you can say is that you are garnering extra attention just by being on the court, that’s a massive disappointment and generally considered disappearing when the team needs you the most

Edited by wiscotitansfan

4 hours ago, kgsTitan said:

Every single shot the Rockets take originates from Harden, and no one has a higher usage rate in NBA history. He's doing all he can do. So saying he's not doing anything is completely laughable. It's Paul and Capela that are under performing. Capela especially has been totally worthless in this series.

Harden doesn't deserve any blame for this one....he's played his ass off has done what he can, despite being the focus of very good defenses in Utah and GS. It comes down to the role players making shots. Gordon is streaky as hell, CP3 can barely take Jerebko off the dribble now, and several guys like House and Green, who were great in the regular season, have stunk it up again. 

Even without Durant, the Warriors have a major talent advantage so I'm not sure why people act like its an embarrassment to lose to GS. They are simply the greatest assemblage of talent ever, maybe in sports period. Not having Cousins or Durant narrows the talent gap quite a bit, but they still have 3 bona fide All Stars in their prime, plus a former Finals MVP and all-world defender in Iguodala. Despite that, the Rockets are right there with them in every game.

I laugh at people who in one breath talk about the Warriors being the greatest dynasty ever, and in the next talk about Harden's legacy is soiled because he can't beat them (with no other All Stars on his team). It's funny.

Warriors have zero depth with 2 starters down. They already had limited depth. Livingston Iggy and Looney were all they needed for playoffs to come off the bench and log minutes but with Boogie and KD out two of them are starters. That leaves Livingston as the only available bench option that isn’t a massive question mark. Bell, Bogut, Jerebko and Mckinnie will need to step up. 

Idk how you think Warriors have a talent advantage still. Thats a homer comment starting to cover up early in case HOU loses. 

Harden has had a legacy of being a great scorer. That’s about it. He’s not winner. He’s not clutch. The warriors have blocked him from all of that. Now the warriors are wounded. If he wants to be considered great now is his time to step up and show it. If he can’t pull this series out he’s going to get blasted by the media. 

1 hour ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Warriors have zero depth with 2 starters down. They already had limited depth. Livingston Iggy and Looney were all they needed for playoffs to come off the bench and log minutes but with Boogie and KD out two of them are starters. That leaves Livingston as the only available bench option that isn’t a massive question mark. Bell, Bogut, Jerebko and Mckinnie will need to step up. 

Idk how you think Warriors have a talent advantage still. Thats a homer comment starting to cover up early in case HOU loses. 

Harden has had a legacy of being a great scorer. That’s about it. He’s not winner. He’s not clutch. The warriors have blocked him from all of that. Now the warriors are wounded. If he wants to be considered great now is his time to step up and show it. If he can’t pull this series out he’s going to get blasted by the media. 

What utter BS. Warriors have a massive talent advantage over everybody and it isn't close. Durant going there was like someone giving Bezos a gift of $20 billion. 

And LOL complaining about a bench when you have multiple prime all-stars on the court at all times.

It's like saying the 92 Dream Team had poor assistant coaches.

Edited by kgsTitan

44 minutes ago, kgsTitan said:

What utter BS. Warriors have a massive talent advantage over everybody and it isn't close. Durant going there was like someone giving Bezos a gift of $20 billion.

No chance they have a massive advantage. Not even a little one. I’d say it’s pretty even but imo the current healthy warriors are not playing at a high level. KD has been their best player this playoffs and it hasn’t even been close. It Curry or Klay went down instead of KD I’d probably favor the warriors still. 

Edited by CaliTitan3518

9 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Starting to think Curry is overrated.

Do the Rockets know if they don't win they're done? 

Not playing like it. 

Idk what Curry’s deal is. He’s never really been clutch. He is very streaky lately and there havnt been many good streaks. I think the Rockets making him work on the defensive side really kills him in these matchups. 

13 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

DURANT IS HURT. We already established this. Wtf are you talking about. 

Curry is playing like straight trash and Harden is tied with them. 

They have Bogut, Jerebko, and Cook playing heavy minutes. 

Lol at you acting like Durant and Cousins are playing. This Warriors team for the next two games are the 2015 Warriors with less depth. 

Lol Livingston, Thompson, cook, Looney, Bell. What a group of 5. 

Edited by CaliTitan3518