Titans Pre-Draft Interviews (First Post Continually Updating)

Jonboy

Sounds like you're reaching. If we bring them in for a visit, which there's still time to do, then maybe. But right now, the guys we've worked out are 2nd round or later guys.

Reaching on what? I was just posting the facts. 

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2014 Titans Pre-Draft Interviews Key* PW= Private Workout (team visits player) CB= Combine SB= Senior Bowl PD= Pro Day LOC= Local visit (doesn't count against 30-prospect interview limit) *Unless ot

@jwyattsports: Eastern Illinois QB Jimmy Garoppolo is scheduled to make a pre-draft visit to the #Titans later this month. His stock is rising

Its a nightmare to go back on mobile lol

Reaching on what? I was just posting the facts. 

Reaching to believe that the fact that we haven't brought them in for a visit yet doesn't mean anything. There's still time to bring them in though but unless we do, I don't think we're interested at 11.

And when it comes to Webster and Whis being at Bridgewater's pro day.... keep in mind that Louisville is only a 2 - 2.5hr drive from Nashville. No idea if you could get a flight that short of a distance or not.

Edited by reo

Reaching to believe that the fact that we haven't brought them in for a visit yet doesn't mean anything. There's still time to bring them in though but unless we do, I don't think we're interested at 11.

Where did I say it doesn't mean anything? You asked if we had brought them in for a private workout and I just answered your question. 

I would be pretty surprised if the Titans drafted a quarterback that they didn't bring in for interviews or privately work out. 

If they're truly interested in any of the top guys, I would think they'd want to keep that somewhat under wraps. And we still don't know for sure that they haven't had any of them in for private workouts. 

In terms of our "30-player limit," that number is still quite small from what I'm seeing. 

If they're truly interested in any of the top guys, I would think they'd want to keep that somewhat under wraps. And we still don't know for sure that they haven't had any of them in for private workouts. 

In terms of our "30-player limit," that number is still quite small from what I'm seeing. 

I have no idea. If we truly "don't know" we can't presume anything either way. To that extent we can't assume they're "keeping it under wraps" and therefore are more likely to draft one because we haven't seen any information. But why would we not find out? We've heard about other quarterback prospects. Besides, it's in the best interest of agents to put that information out there - the Titans aren't disclosing any of these visits anyways. The agent is the one trying to put out as many team visits as possible so it looks like there's a strong demand.

Where did I say it doesn't mean anything? You asked if we had brought them in for a private workout and I just answered your question. 

Come now... we all know you're hoping we're very interested in Bridgewater at 11.

I have no idea. If we truly "don't know" we can't presume anything either way. To that extent we can't assume they're "keeping it under wraps" and therefore are more likely to draft one because we haven't seen any information. But why would we not find out? We've heard about other quarterback prospects. Besides, it's in the best interest of agents to put that information out there - the Titans aren't disclosing any of these visits anyways. The agent is the one trying to put out as many team visits as possible so it looks like there's a strong demand.

It's possible (likely) I'm reading way too much into it, but the information I've been able to obtain about our interest in the top QBs has all come through somewhat untraditional means. Bortles just popped up on the Walter Football list with no mention from Wyatt (for a while) or anyone else in the media. I also never saw anyone mention that Ruston and Whiz were at Bridgewater's Pro Day until the photo of them showed up (random tweet I think?). Wyatt's mention of us meeting with Bortles, Manziel, and Bridgewater at the combine appeared almost as a footnote in his article about Locker being ahead of schedule. 

Now, perhaps he's prioritizing in terms of who he thinks the Titans are really interested in (2nd tier QBs) and that's what he's choosing to focus on them instead. 

Just remember, a few short weeks ago, the media was consistently downplaying the notion that the Titans would be interested in a QB at all. 

Come now... we all know you're hoping we're very interested in Bridgewater at 11.

I'm not sure how that relates to our specific discussion here. Of course I'm hoping we're interested in him. 

Back to the point, I was just answering your question with factual information. Never did I say it didn't mean something one way or another. I do think we have to consider all the information we have, however. And we must also consider the likelihood that there's information out there we don't have. 

What Jonboy said.

While I think it's likely we bring in our first round pick for a visit, it's not necessarily the case. We could have seen all we need to at the Combine meeting.

Judging from Bridgewater's time with Chucky, I would say he's one of those guys that you don't need much time to know exactly what you're looking at in terms of a prospect. His game tape and ability to diagram plays could be all we needed to know of him. But, I will admit, this is just me hoping we take him if he's there.

What Jonboy said.

While I think it's likely we bring in our first round pick for a visit, it's not necessarily the case. We could have seen all we need to at the Combine meeting.

Judging from Bridgewater's time with Chucky, I would say he's one of those guys that you don't need much time to know exactly what you're looking at in terms of a prospect. His game tape and ability to diagram plays could be all we needed to know of him. But, I will admit, this is just me hoping we take him if he's there.

Webster has flat out said that he's not comfortable taking a player in the first or 2nd round without bringing them in. And he's never done it.

Webster has flat out said that he's not comfortable taking a player in the first or 2nd round without bringing them in. And he's never done it.

I haven't heard those quotes, but I'll take your word for it. And I know his history, but as I said, history doesn't always repeat.

So you guys tell me if I'm missing something. Of our 30 draft visits allowed, here are the players counting toward that so far. 

1. QB Jimmy Garoppolo
  2. QB Derek Carr
  3. RB Tre Mason
  4. RB Charles Sims
  5. RB Terrance West
  6. OL Jawuan James
  7. CB Bradley Roby
  8. LB Anthony Barr
  9. LB Shaquil Barrett
  10. DT Timmy Jernigan

Of those, I would think the only ones even warranting consideration at 11 would be Carr (ugh), Roby, Barr, or Jernigan. 

Additional local prospects who may be considered early would only be Jordan Matthews IMO.