I know I wasn't the only one tonight who thought...

Jazz

that Chris Thompson from FSU would be a GREAT replacement (or compliment) for CJ. He played a pretty good game tonight and has always been a solid back. Too bad he probably won't be there for our 2nd round pick (because that's the highest pick I would use for him).

I think we need more of a bruiser type back if we're looking for a compliment for CJ. A LeGarrette Blount-type without the flaws. But that guy looked good in a highlight video I watched on YouTube.

Regardless, it's pointless until major changes are made to the interior of the offensive line. Which means at least one new guard, probably two considering Hutch's age, and a new center. On top of that, it'd be nice to have more capable backups. The front office is going to have to open up its purse for once in a long time and invest in the damn trenches. If they expect Jake to make it beyond year 3 or 4 they'd better.

CJ was pretty physical - it was always a concern he would wear down quickly due to his size and play style.

Qualities in a back I'd be looking for are 1. pass catcher, 2. pass blocker, 3. knack for finding the marker on 3rd and short. That is the modern day ideal NFL RB, in my opinion. Sadly, 3 things CJ is not great at.

Just got back from the game and hoooly shit that was one of the best games I've ever witnessed, easily the best I've ever been to. The place was rocking, I wish our fans had the kind of passion you see at these college games.

But anywho, yeah Chris Thompson is the truth, but James Wilder (tampa product) is going to be even better. However, I either want Bjoern Werner or Xavier Rhodes from this FSU squad.

Just got back from the game and hoooly shit that was one of the best games I've ever witnessed, easily the best I've ever been to. The place was rocking, I wish our fans had the kind of passion you see at these college games

The passion is still there with the fans. They're just waiting to explode. They're waiting for the team to step up and return to being a PRO team like they were in the late '90s early 2k. Waiting for LEADERS and PLAYMAKERS to rise up.

A college football game's atmosphere is always better than pro. From what Ive witnessed anyways. Id like to see the Titans upgrades of the stadium in person though.

I think some of that also is because college plays on Saturday. There's something about that psychologically.

Archived