College Coaches?

JbgTenn

I don't now if these coaches would even consider leaving Ncaa Football but James Franklin from Penn State and David Shaw from Stanford would be really good hires. Have any of you heard rumors or NFL teams trying reach out to those two for head coach vacancies? 

5 minutes ago, Rolltide said:

To start he has no NFL experience at all. You want a college coach with at least some nfl experience as a player and or coach. 

2nd he was not that impressive at Western Michigan. 30-22 is nothing to get excited about and Butch Jones had a better winning percentage at Central(27-13) than Fleck did at Western. 

I said I wouldn’t hire him but the dude was impressive at WMU. I think we went like 12-1 in his last season there. Minnesota is quickly ascending the ranks of the B1G. Like I said, I don’t think he would transition to the NFL but he is one of the best college coaches there is for my money. 

6 minutes ago, Rolltide said:

Who would not take Harbaugh in a New york minute? Anybody who would prefer McDaniels over Harbaugh is retarded. That said I don't think he will ever leave Michigan. 

I like Harbaugh, just don't know if that is what the front office is looking for.

Just now, Rolltide said:

Minnesota was 5-7. Come on. 

Look at their recruiting rankings. We are talking about a school that is a perennial bottom dweller. While recruiting obviously doesn’t matter in te NFL, it is a huge part of the college game and he is one of the best their is. Every year WMU was best in conference. He has taken Minnesota to around the top 25 and Minnesota sucks. And you cannot judge a HC on their first year. Fleck went 1-11 in his first year at WMU and then 13-1 three seasons later. College coaches have to actually get talent when they take over their jobs (which is somewhat unlike the NFL). 

Again, Fleck would probably fall flat as an NFL HC, but he is a great college coach. 

Archived