Update - Getting new car. Input please.

kyle021

20 hours ago, Kyle021 said:

Honest question 

is it worth paying a company to solve my credit issues to make credit better or for me to pick and choose which things to pay off?

for instance I have some medical crap I can pay off. 

Theres little shit like a $20 bill from years ago and even a fucking $3 bill from a few months ago lol on my report. 

Then I have a Walmart and Express cards both around $400 needing paid off. Should I just make payments on those to improve it or do I pay them off, re open them and not use them or buy little stuff and pay it off real fast to keep it open?

NO, it's not worth paying someone to solve your credit issues.

Google is your friend.  You can spend an hour reading about this stuff and do it yourself.

Already have a few credit cards/debts?  Well, first pay off any late ones.  That way they will come off your credit report sooner.

Never have late payments, that will fuck your credit.  It's better to pay the minimum to everyone to stay current instead of paying off something and being late on something else.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Kyle021 what's your price range for a monthly payment?   7% interest rate is terrible for a car. Find the websites for a few of your local credit unions. They'll have auto loans for much lo

Buying a new car is rarely a wise financial move. For people in your financial situation it's never a wise financial move.

Do yourself a favor, don't put more in your 401k.  Instead put that money in savings til you 1) pay off silly debts and 2) get you some cushion in savings   Everyone's cushion number is different but

Posted Images

6 hours ago, FRT said:

Get in that damn new car, turn on Sirius and find Dave Ramsey.  He will tell you to write down what you make and who you owe and how much.  Pay off the smallest first while paying the minimum on others so you can have little victories.  It's call B U D G E T!  Do you need really someone to tell you how to do this?

No not at all. I heard about these "credit fixers" and didn't know if it would be cheaper to use them opposed to just paying each one individually. 

I havent looked into them. Busy working. 

I kind of thought it was an umbrella and i would pay $100-150 a month and they would divide that up into my debts and get them paid off and letting them deal with the headaches of calling multiple places. 

However they come with a fee and that fee can be applied to other debt doing on my own. 

Ill take care of my shit. 

I can just tell by some or me or should I say most of these poster response with knowledge come from a situation in their life where they were dealing with something of this sort. Which is how they can give good advice. 

I heard they are selling special glasses advertised in the Archie comics that can see through clothes, just ask Jughead.

No special secret about debt but pay what you owe and don't spend what you don't have.

• 2 months later...