Help with researching on head coaches

9 Nines

I have been researching head coaches and would appreciate help.  I thought with all the knowledgeable posters here some might know:

Has there been a head coach obsessed with fan reaction and news coverage instead of actually coaching, and preparing his team?  Has there has ever been a head coach, who day one was questioning if fans were reacting more favorable to him than his predecessor and more fans showed up to see the team annouce his signing. Direction for the team, and how to manage and plan the team was not his concern; his complete attention was on claiming that he had more fans etc. even when people could clearly see that was not the case.

Also, if there was such a head coach, how did his team do being ignored while he covered frivolous and narcissistic things like that?  And with how closely we all follow football, would you want such a head coach over your team? 

8 minutes ago, BeedoeLaw said:

Doesn't take much to figure out where this thread is headed. All good points by the way.

My points would have to be valid, for people to deem it not football related.  So moving would be confirmation.

Archived