1st Pick in Two Leagues

wiscotitansfan

I have the #1 pick in 2 leagues. One is full-ppr and the other is half-ppr.

I don't want to pick Jonathon Taylor in both leagues. As of now I am leaning towards JT in full ppr and Henry in half. I don't trust CMC because injuries, which is ironic picking Henry that high. Anyone wanna convince me to do something other than what I am planning on?

I would have picked CMC at 4th last night had he fallen.  He is not hurt now and any player can get hurt - why is his risk any more than anyone else you would pick there.  His coach says he plans to use him fully, so the team does not think there is a problem.   

Pick him for the value, then if you are still worried or have holes at other positions, try to trade him for two lesser players.  If he blew up in first game, you could get three player upgrades maybe 

I think you should go CMC in the PPR and JT in the half PPR. A healthy CMC is always the pick. 

CMC: His ceiling is too high to pass on him. Even his floor is so much higher than other RBs. Injuries are the only concern with him. RBs get hurt. If you want to avoid injuries you should go Kupp or Jefferson as WRs are a lot less likely to miss time. Their projections are very similar to RBs in PPR leagues.

Henry is also coming off injury. There are question marks on our OL. I think it would be a homer pick to take Henry at #1. If you are ok with that, then make the pick. 

I also think that if you are that worried about injuries you should only pick RBs with a sure fire hand cuff that you can grab. Someone like Cook, Swift, Aaron Jones, Chubb etc. You aren't taking these guys at #1.  

17 hours ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

I think it would be a homer pick to take Henry at #1. If you are ok with that, then make the pick. 

I have no problem with a slight reach to be a homer. I will probably go with CMC in the full and JT in the half like you said if I were to be completely level headed and not from a mindset of wanting to find a reason to take Henry.

Henry still has plenty of question marks, especially since his value last year was based on volume. I can't image Vrabel will be just as dumb as last year with forcing him all those carries.

1 hour ago, wiscotitansfan said:

I have no problem with a slight reach to be a homer. I will probably go with CMC in the full and JT in the half like you said if I were to be completely level headed and not from a mindset of wanting to find a reason to take Henry.

Henry still has plenty of question marks, especially since his value last year was based on volume. I can't image Vrabel will be just as dumb as last year with forcing him all those carries.

I have always refused to draft Titans players unless its extreme value. I don't want to set myself up for possible disappointment as a fan and fantasy player. 

I got AJB last year and that didn't go well. 

On 8/31/2022 at 1:37 PM, CaliTitan3518 said:

I think you should go CMC in the PPR and JT in the half PPR. A healthy CMC is always the pick. 

This is what I was thinking as well.  JT doesn't get enough receptions to make him the clear #1 in full PPR format.

If CMC scares you that much, then take Ekeler in PPR and JR in half PPR.

The most important thing in your first round pick is to make sure it's not a bust.  If CMC and Henry (or Ekeler) both stay healthy all season, the point differential most likely isn't going to win or lose you a championship.

36 minutes ago, abenjami said:

The most important thing in your first round pick is to make sure it's not a bust.  If CMC and Henry (or Ekeler) both stay healthy all season, the point differential most likely isn't going to win or lose you a championship.

Idk Mccaffrey's 2019 season was pretty ridiculous for PPR format. I think he just missed LTs record for fantasy points in a season. He outscored the next RB by like 150+ points. 

6 hours ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Idk Mccaffrey's 2019 season was pretty ridiculous for PPR format. I think he just missed LTs record for fantasy points in a season. He outscored the next RB by like 150+ points. 

It was very ridiculous, to the point there's no way you can expect him to repeat it this season when you draft him.  If he stays healthy and puts up 75% of those fantasy points you're stoked.

9 hours ago, abenjami said:

It was very ridiculous, to the point there's no way you can expect him to repeat it this season when you draft him.  If he stays healthy and puts up 75% of those fantasy points you're stoked.

Well sure but that's just because his ceiling is so much higher than any other RB so producing at 75% probably still makes him the RB1. 

But ya its CMC or nothing for PPR at the #1. anyone who thinks different is a moron. 

I just got CMC with second pick in a Yahoo money league.  I got Dameon Pierce with 5th round pick as my 2nd RB, David Montgomery at end of 6th almost two rounds later and  Nyheim Hines mid-late and Darrell Henderson in 3rd to last round before taking D and K. 

Ended up just taking Henry in the half PPR and will go JT in the full PPR on Wednesday. I ended up having the commissioner flip a coin right before the draft for me and the coin told me to go Henry. Can't argue against that logic.

I know you can't avoid players because injuries, especially when Henry got just as injured last year, I just really don't want to take CMC because I've gotten burned by him multiple times already through various leagues I have had a chance to get him the past 2 years.

Archived