Vandy Baseball

freakingeek

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not as clutch as many of the past years like Swanson, Reynolds, et al.  But yes if it all clicks then yes certainly a fav to win.  Just hasn't been as much last 1/3 of season.  

WOW!!!!!!

Even the very best teams need some luck on their way to a championship and we certainly got it Tuesday night. I didn't think we had a snowball's chance in hell when we were down to two strikes, two ou

Glad they won, but not an inspiring group.  Honestly doesn't feel like a team that deserves to win it all.  My mom had made comments as well that outside of Bradfield in terms of position players, there's just not much spirit nor energy.  Feels like they have taken on the generic, bland, faceless bad guy role in the 80s movie.

If I were any other fan yeah I woulda been pulling for NC State in a big way.  Their pitcher did very well in the pressure of that starting role.  And the other pitcher we couldnt' touch the other day... playing 1st and going 3 for 4 right?  Good for him.  

6 hours ago, Starkiller said:

I’ll take it. It’s a victory for vaccinations as much as for Vandy…

I can't feel too good about the How but still nice to be in the final again.  And though I doubt any lessons that will actually be learned maybe a few kids in similar situations reconsider an anti-vax stance once they realize this might be the outcome.

Not sure you saw the Go To prerecorded piece about the NC State coach's dad who had passed away, and was "smiling down upon them" or some such while things were going well, and the bible verse the coach kept close at hand and all.

But I guess old Corbs called in the power of Satan to win the game and get today's forfeited. 

Just sick of the tired old line of thought that the favored of god and such wins the game.  I have a funny feeling a lot of those kids might haven fallen under the category of People who believe god will protect them from covid.  Guess they didn't pray hard enough.  I'm sure basic biology had nothing to do with it.

Now.... who would you rather face?  Miss St, or Texas?  Just hoping Texas wins today.  Preferably in a long hard drawn out extra inning game, with the prayers of blessed cow bells ringing deep into the 14th.

I think everyone wanted to see Vandy explode to their full potential but the CWS pitching as been outstanding. So, for Vandy to even be in the finals took a lot of good baseball and some damn good luck. As much as I want to diminish them being there, it was not a slam dunk and Vandy did what they had to do to be one of the last two teams standing.. Go Dores!

2 hours ago, freakingeek said:

I think everyone wanted to see Vandy explode to their full potential but the CWS pitching as been outstanding. So, for Vandy to even be in the finals took a lot of good baseball and some damn good luck. As much as I want to diminish them being there, it was not a slam dunk and Vandy did what they had to do to be one of the last two teams standing.. Go Dores!

If they beat Miss St/TX none of it matters.

Thinking now maybe want Miss St to win since their ace pitching tonight.   Probably would come back until Wednesday game.

Regardless nice to be in the final again.  They remember most when you win, 2nd most when you make Omaha, but playing for the final even coming up 2nd gets referenced for years to come.  And really it's not impossible their bats wake up.  Can't get a ton colder than they've been lately.

So by NC State losing by default and Vandy not having to play Saturday, we should have Leiter open the CWS final and Rocker to close game 3 should it go 3 games. That's the best case scenario for Vandy. And by Missipissi State winning their matchup with Texas, we are playing a very familiar foe who just used their ace on the mound to beat Texas and would only be available for a game three. That should  benefit Vandy's bats. On paper the baseball gods smiled on Vandy. 

Edited by freakingeek

This is a tweet from the Mississippi Senator Jeremy England. Apparently Vandy/Corbin is now wearing the bad boy villain hat because of NC State's indiscretions. It's America vs Vanderbilt which is the most ludicrous thing I've heard in a long time. Corbin is very patriotic and respectful. Corbin's been accused of requesting that NC State be tested, which is false. He doesn't have the authority to do so. These damn southern states need to crawl in to 21st century. Go Vandy!! Kick that Bulldog ass.

“Let me be the first one to welcome ALL OF AMERICA (not named Vandy) to the @HailStateBB BULLDOG FAMILY!!!” England posted Saturday night, after the Bulldogs beat Texas 4-3 to set up a College World Series final series between bitter SEC adversaries, and added: “Let’s do this for America, Mississippi State!”

14 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

1 down, 1 to go!

I'm pretty nervous as we pretty much had to win tonight.  And didn'd really do squat outside of the 1st.

Still you'd rather win than lose.  I'd say I hope they feel tomorrow night is the house money game without one of the two aces on the mound, realizing they will still have Rocker in their back pocket.  As good as Bednar might be you have to feel pretty good about going into a final with Rocker.  Dude has earned every right to go off increasing his legend.