Fair and balanced news

VaTitan

Where do you go for non-partisant objective news?  

I cutoff cable several years ago and find most of my news online.  I'm pretty good at filtering the BS but still find myself searching for good objective news sources and am curious where you guys get it?

If you are looking for a nightly news show then the PBS NewsHour.

If you are looking to just read the news online I tend to start with Google News. It pulls from tons of sources so you could see any view. Same with Apple News.

Also Politico if you are looking for straight politics. And RealClearPolitics.

1 minute ago, Starkiller said:

If you are looking for a nightly news show then the PBS NewsHour.

If you are looking to just read the news online I tend to start with Google News. It pulls from tons of sources so you could see any view. Same with Apple News.

Also Politico if you are looking for straight politics.

I've using Google news, but noticed their algorithms are feeding me stuff from the same sites if I go once or twice.....partly why I'm looking for new sources.

30 minutes ago, VaTitan said:

Where do you go for non-partisant objective news?  

I cutoff cable several years ago and find most of my news online.  I'm pretty good at filtering the BS but still find myself searching for good objective news sources and am curious where you guys get it?

C-span.

Serious. Watch it raw and google what you don't understand.

As of late, I find that Chris Wallace does the best sitdown interviews and there's always the good old Associated Press. Not to say those people and organizations are perfect but they tend to be fair to everyone.

Despite being considered left wing for reasons I don't quite understand, I find NPR to be tough to beat in terms of accuracy, balance, and how seriously they take the news. It's like they go out of their way to avoid sensationalizing anything almost to the point that they sometimes fail to convey the gravity of certain stories. Sometimes I find myself wishing that they were more straight up but then I remember that it's this measured approach that makes their credibility hard to attack.

Archived