Will Jimmy Butler join LeBron and Davis in LA?

Oiler FANatic

Now that the Lakers have managed to free up the cap space they need for another max player, who will they go after? My money is on Butler.

I don't want the Rockets to get rid of 2 or 3 of their current starters in order to acquire Butler for themselves. He can go to LA and fuck them up instead! :popcorn:

On 6/28/2019 at 3:24 PM, JakePA_Titan said:

What makes you think Butler would fuck up whatever team he goes to?

The Lakers are already fucked up, and if Butler hadn't gone to Miami he probably would have done the same in Houston. Thank you Heat! :biggrin:

On 6/28/2019 at 8:40 AM, CaliTitan3518 said:

Kyrie 

Everyone is jumping on Brooklyn's bandwagon just like they did with the Lakers. But I wouldn't bet on a Nets/Lakers Finals anytime soon.

Even when Durant is healthy when the 2020/21 season begins, he won't have anything close to the talent around him that he has before.

He won't even have the talent he had around him in OKC when they made the Finals 7 years ago before giving away Harden for almost nothing.

Leonard will be a Laker. It’s a done deal. He is a loyalty guy doesn’t want any leaks. He wants to meet with them last and tell them in person before they hear elsewhere. 

I am going to say it will he announced tonight by 8

6 hours ago, Kyle021 said:

Leonard will be a Laker. It’s a done deal. He is a loyalty guy doesn’t want any leaks. He wants to meet with them last and tell them in person before they hear elsewhere. 

I am going to say it will he announced tonight by 8

LOL, he's not announcing anything today.  Are you ever right about any of these things?

• 1 month later...

After striking out this summer, it's extremely possible that the Knicks will be the big winners in free agency in 2020.

The Nets were prematurely named the big winners this year before the Clippers clearly beat them by getting Kawhi and PG13.

If Anthony Davis were to hit the market if he chooses to leave LA, the Knicks could make room for him plus another max contract in 2020.

1 hour ago, Oiler FANatic said:

After striking out this summer, it's extremely possible that the Knicks will be the big winners in free agency in 2020.

The Nets were prematurely named the big winners this year before the Clippers clearly beat them by getting Kawhi and PG13.

If Anthony Davis were to hit the market if he chooses to leave LA, the Knicks could make room for him plus another max contract in 2020.

Counting on the Knicks not screwing up an offseason is a tall order for them.

1 hour ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Boogie Time in LA only lasted for 40 days. :lolabove:

I'm impressed.  I thought he would last half the season before getting injured or flaking out.

On 8/21/2019 at 12:15 AM, rns90 said:

I'm impressed.  I thought he would last half the season before getting injured or flaking out.

Not to worry, they have Dwight Howard back in LA to disappoint Lakers fans once again. He can give them a true Big 3 with AD and LBJ.

• 5 months later...
On 8/23/2019 at 10:19 PM, JakePA_Titan said:

If we get 2017 Howard where he averaged 16 and 12, he'll actually surpass expectations.

That was never going to happen. But he is averaging close to 8 and 8 which still surpassed normal expectations (those not from Lakers homers like you).

• 5 months later...
On 6/28/2019 at 2:35 PM, headhunter said:

Looks like Butler will go to the Rockets at least they are working hard to acquire him. Already have a deal to move Capela. 

They did try to get him, and it would have cost them a lot more than it did to get Covington, so everything worked out great for the Rockets.

They went just 22-17 when Capela was healthy enough to play, and were 10-1 in the games that Capela missed before being traded to Atlanta.

He just didn't fit with the team anymore, and has become injury-prone on top of that. Houston had their eyes on Covington for a long time before the trade.

While players like him and PJ Tucker may not look great on paper, they both fit perfectly with their scheme and their two MVP's. So does Danuel House.

Archived