Kawhi going to Toronto

Oiler FANatic

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would say lakers current roster played one of the smallest roles in his decision to come to LA

Why would they give him to LA for so little when an actual contender like Boston or Philly would give them way more than that? Keep dreaming. 

Shit like this is why I find Laker fans annoying and dumb. Only way he gets traded is if Toronto is struggling.  They will not be taking back Luol Deng's garbage contract. 

50 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

You still haven't answered the question.

So one player, who plays the same position as LBJ, is your argument?

Funny that ppl said players didn't want to play with Westbrook.

I guess PG is so powerful he alone, with one decision, gave credence to the idea no one wants to play with LBJ and defied the myth of players not wanting to play with Westbrook.

Perfect example of being a prisoner of the moment.

I did answer the question....My examples were Paul George not going to LA when there were reports for several years that was where he was going to end up. I believe you even started a thread and was talking about how it was a lock to happen. He clearly felt better about his situation in OKC. And then my other example was the one time Lebron had a young star he wanted out.

Please positions mean nothing in todays NBA. you have 6'6 guys playing C and 6'10 guys playing PG.

Not sure why you continue to change the course to other players situations.

There have always been reports of the pressure of playing with Lebron. Why would a young star want to deal with that? They get paid more money being the face of a franchise and they get to develop their own image.

There are FAs every single year that could join up with Lebron. Ill be waiting when you give an example of a young star joining Lebron. Ill use your same excuse that you used for PG by saying Bosh signed with Miami before Lebron did so no one joined him ever. This is the greatest player in the world were talking about and no star has ever joined him out of choice.

10 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

So your argument is PG and only PG.

Again, how you believe a player who had already won a title and wanting out is the same is a reach.

That's basically like KD leaving Wesrbrook. Who ppl said players didn't want to play with. But PG changed all of that right? Kinda how Bosh should have. But ppl who have their mind made up, and possibly bias, want to dismiss that for some reason...However, KD joined who he couldn't beat to get a ring. Kyrie already proved his worth.

15 years and you can say one FA chose not to play with LBJ. Your argument that no one wants to play with him is really concrete.

15 years and you cant name one star FA that chose to play with him. Your argrument that I am wrong is real concrete.

14 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Btw, how many great players went to play with Duncan through FA?

I guess ppl didn't want to play with one of the greatest PFs of all time and a guy whose teammates said he is a great teammate.

Completely different scenario. Duncan actually had HOF quality players and other very good players around him.

1 hour ago, JakePA_Titan said:

I mean we could do other is you want. Lets see, the list of great players who never had anyone go play with them ...

Yeah, his argument is as short-sighted as this trade. He doesn't see a young big name ditch his team specifically to play alongside Lebron so he acts like people are going out of their way to avoid him when in reality that's the situation of many elite players.

Young superstars don't regularly jump ship specifically just for the chance to play with someone, period. Lebron didn't even do that when going to MIA, they just all agreed that it was the best destination. I have no doubt in my mind that Wade and Bosh would have gone to CLE if Lebron was committed to staying for that shit-run franchise.

Edited by wiscotitansfan

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/22/2018 at 11:27 PM, IsntLifeFunny said:

LeBron is never winning a title in LA. 

He already has 3 rings, if he wanted to add to that he would have stayed in the east. He went to LA so people there will kiss his royal ass.....:tongue:

6 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

He already has 3 rings, if he wanted to add to that he would have stayed in the east. He went to LA so people there will kiss his royal ass.....:tongue:

LA is better for his life and career off the court. Lakers are a team with money and a want to win so that was attractive. I really think it was a no brainer. But like I’ve said before the Lakers current roster is not why Lebron chose to come to LA. 

3 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Main reason, no. But if our roster was that of 3 years ago, he wouldnt have came. 

Dont get it twisted, what Magic is doing to this team opened LBJs eyes. 

The potential is team has to be a legitmate contender is high.

I would say lakers current roster played one of the smallest roles in his decision to come to LA

1 hour ago, JakePA_Titan said:

You would say....Im sure...

So you believe like all the other haters trying to diminish our potential that he doesnt care about winning anymore? His decision was 90% non basketball related?

Also, if it was all about his off court potential, why consider HOU and Philly at all?

Why not consider the Clippers at all? Surely, he could do his off court stuff while playing for the Clips....

It's more BS trying to diminish that ppl actually see our young guys as real ball players. But hey, idc, keep sleeping on us.

It’s more so the potential roster they could have due to money and young talent they could ship off to bring in more that attracted him to the lakers roster. 

If winning was Lebrons #1 priority he would not have gone to the lakers. He’s not winning anything with what’s currently on the roster. He “considered” philly and Houston because he wants to win but ultimately his off court life at this point in his career is a priority. He already has a home and life in LA it just made too much sense. 

clippers are one of the worst rosters in the nba and no one wants to join a losing organization. Lakers are still the lakers even when they suck. 

I’m not saying you guys have a shitty roster. You just have a young inexperienced team and Lebron doesn’t come in and make them star vets right away. The team has shown flashes of things but nothing significant to make me think they can win a title next year. Now add another max contract player and a year or two and who knows. My comments are all about what is currently there.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/15/2018 at 6:26 PM, CaliTitan3518 said:

If winning was Lebrons #1 priority he would not have gone to the lakers. He’s not winning anything with what’s currently on the roster. He “considered” philly and Houston because he wants to win but ultimately his off court life at this point in his career is a priority.

The Rockets couldn't keep Ariza at $15M, so there's no way they could have squeezed in LeBron's $35M and still kept both CP3 and Capela.

Only myopic Lakers fans think he went to LA to win anything, let alone a 4th ring. It's all about the glitz and glamour in LA for him, not winning.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/7/2018 at 1:46 PM, JakePA_Titan said:

Haters always sound so fucking stupid. 

Yet you claim not to be a hater, so what's your excuse? I just love being called stupid and retarded by you, it amuses the fuck out of me! :cool: