UPS missing guaranteed delivery (what if it had been the USPS)

9 Nines

On 12/28/2017 at 8:45 AM, patsplat said:

Just a follow-up - all my packages were delivered on time, even one that went from NYC to Hawaii.

Merry Christmas!

It gets even better - apparently my brother in Hawaii texted me the wrong address, but the postman double checked and got him the package despite the typo.

USPS! USPS! USPS!

... now my local branch is still a horror show, but c'est la vie

UPS lost a $300 package of mine last week.  The tracking number shows they delivered the item to my front door at 930pm but there was never a package there.  I live in the boonies, theft isn't an issue.  So I opened up a lost package case with them and I guess they have to look for the package and then decide whether to pay the claim.  It sucks because my purchase was from an online community with a fairly unregulated marketplace....the seller could essentially say tough luck and fuck off.  Fortunately, he seems to believe me and is also filing with UPS.  

This is a vinyl record set that only had 2000 copies made globally so I'd much prefer to get the record than get a refund.