Donald Trump's Weekly Address

Denali

17 minutes ago, Titanjuicy said:

Black History month, and he gives 3:34 of actual talking time, and I am supposed to think this is powerful? Not to mention, he obviously didn't write this anyway.

C'mon.  Really?  He's trying to do some good and this is what you come up with?

Wow.

And for the record, he talked about this constantly during his campaign.

8 hours ago, ben4titans said:

So which is it?  On one side people are screaming, look at what he is doing, he has to be stopped.  Then on the other side you have, he hasn't done anything yet.  #FakeNews

I think it's clear that I'm trying to say he hasn't done any good. I know I didn't include the word at the end but I didn't think it was necessary because the context should make that apparent. 

3 hours ago, ben4titans said:

Positives: reforming refugee program, deporting criminal illegals, TPP, Keystone, cut business tax, cut regulations, create/keep jobs, war on Fake News, let states decide on Tranny potty, Gorsuch.  Quick list off the top of my head.  

Of those the only good one is TTP. We'll see on Gorsuch. TPP was dead in the water anyways but I'll still give him credit for sticking the final dagger in. Hope he doesn't reverse course and sign some other shitty agreement in the future. 

I think it really can be argued that not that much of substance has been done. I'd be interested to hear some thoughts on this.

the muslim immigration/travel ban was blocked from being enforced by the courts, Obama's policy was already to prioritize deporting those immigrants who had committed crimes (Trump's policy removed that priority, but in many places they will still be prioritizing those committing crimes because that makes the most sense. they will also just deport others they find), the amount of jobs he helped "create/kept" is incredibly small (this is great for the few who had jobs saved, but it's really small potatoes. this isn't a major accomplishment.), the transgender bathroom EO had already been blocked from being enforced by the courts prior to this.

The "War on Fake news" is just laughable. And as I implied above Tax reform isn't anywhere near being passed yet. Also feel free to link me to all the regulations that have been cut. It's really not a "huge amount."

Keystone is still going to take years to get built, if it ever will, there are tons of hoops for them to jump through. TPP was pretty much dead already.

12 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

Of those the only good one is TTP. We'll see on Gorsuch. TPP was dead in the water anyways but I'll still give him credit for sticking the final dagger in. Hope he doesn't reverse course and sign some other shitty agreement in the future. 

When China cuts its version of TPP  with the countries involved, leaving us out in the cold, TPP will suddenly seem a lot more palatable. It was a much better deal with a lot more protections built in than previous agreements.

Archived