Gil Brandt's Greatest NFL QB's of all time

Number9

17 hours ago, scine09 said:

Yeah I'd take Warner above all 3 of the guys I mentioned even though he didn't do it for as long as the others at a high level.

Just curious, do you think Favre is too high or too low?  I don't think he's a top 10 QB and always felt that he was vastly overrated.

I think 8 is way too high for Favre. At his best he was off the charts, borderline magical. I think he was made more otherworldly throws then any QB ever. But there was just way too many head scratching throws & picks, and just stretches of bad play. It was almost like he lost focus at times & just played so carelessly. The throw up pick in Philly was quite possibly the most disgraceful play in NFL history.

23 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Steve Young led the NFL in passer rating in 6 of 7 seasons. He led the league in TD passes 3 seasons in a row in that stretch. 

I'd personally take him over anyone

In his prime I'd probably agree with this though it's hard for me to place anybody above Brady & Manning, though they played in an easier era.

28 minutes ago, Face said:

I think 8 is way too high for Favre. At his best he was off the charts, borderline magical. I think he was made more otherworldly throws then any QB ever. But there was just way too many head scratching throws & picks, and just stretches of bad play. It was almost like he lost focus at times & just played so carelessly. The throw up pick in Philly was quite possibly the most disgraceful play in NFL history.

Oh I don't think it was quite possibly the most disgraceful play in NFL history.  I think it was undoubtedly the most disgraceful plan in NFL history.

44 minutes ago, Face said:

His most disgraceful play was falling to the ground to let his buddy Stahan get the sack record. 

24 minutes ago, 8MM said:

Bill Walsh was on  record as saying if he chose between Young and Montana, he would chose Young.

I’d like to see a link on this. I’ve never read this. Seems out of character. 

1 hour ago, japan said:

I’d like to see a link on this. I’ve never read this. Seems out of character. 

Sorry but it was a long time ago, probably more than 10 yrs ago.

The only reason I remembered it was b/c it shocked me to hear that.