Netflix is down

Jamalisms

Netflix working  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Is it working for you?

Never tried the service.

I should. I usually just buy the movie I'm interested in.

I got screwed on 'Kick Ass' recently, which ended up being pretty lame, imo.

Pissing away those $13 was not cool.

It's also how the free market system works in me choosing to cancel their services.

This is true however that doesn't mean you should ignore that Netflix had it's costs skyrocket. I choose to not subscribe to netflix because the Streaming Library does not contain new releases and I don't feel like keeping track of dvd's sent via the mail.

This is true however that doesn't mean you should ignore that Netflix had it's costs skyrocket. I choose to not subscribe to netflix because the Streaming Library does not contain new releases and I don't feel like keeping track of dvd's sent via the mail.

I'm not ignoring it, nor have I been in previous posts. The fact is I do not think their services are worth the price increase and that's why I have cancelled my service. Nothing more nothing less.

I'm a Netflix fiend... if it wasn't for Netflix, I wouldn't know how great some TV shows are (mainly because I don't have time to really "follow" a tv show). For example, I was at Best Buy the other day, and the box set of all of the seasons of "Heroes" was almost $80. I've been watching every episode from the beginning for about two weeks now, and I have the "Just Streaming" package of Netflix.... That's a Much better deal than the box set.

I'm a Netflix fiend... if it wasn't for Netflix, I wouldn't know how great some TV shows are (mainly because I don't have time to really "follow" a tv show). For example, I was at Best Buy the other day, and the box set of all of the seasons of "Heroes" was almost $80. I've been watching every episode from the beginning for about two weeks now, and I have the "Just Streaming" package of Netflix.... That's a Much better deal than the box set.

This.

As an owner of the following series on DVD - Six Feet Under, Dead Like Me, The Wire, Sopranos, Dexter, Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, True Blood, Boondocks (I love cable series if you can't tell) - I can't tell you how much money I've spent on "hard" copies of TV shows. I've even mostly gotten crazy good deals on Amazon for them, but I felt foolish when I saw how my "cheap" Netflix account gave me access to several full runs of those shows (and many more) for that one low price. Granted, not all of those are on Netflix, but I know had I gotten the Netflix account first, I easily could've saved myself hundreds of bucks.

Also, I live in a small town where there is no physical video rental store in driving distance anymore. Our Blockbuster and Movie Gallery both went out of business in the last year, and all the mom and pop places shut down a long time ago. All we have are Redboxes. Netflix is a life-saver for me. Not to mention if you like relatively obscure foreign movies (Oldboy, Ip Man 1/2, Thirst, Lengend of the Fist Remake, etc) that can be hard to find in some places, Netflix fixes that problem in a heartbeat usually for free. I also wanna add that stuff I'd normally never spend money on to rent (documentaries mostly) - I find myself watching nonstop on there. Especially the health-conscious ones - Food Inc, Fathead, Fat Sick and Nearly Dead, etc - they really have expanded my knowledge on a lot of subjects that I'd never have taken the time to learn about before. And any service where you can see several Bill Hicks or Louis CK specials on demand is damn awesome in my book.

The service may not be for everyone, but for what they provide, they are an INCREDIBLE bargain, even after the price hike.

Man, that seems to be the general consensus when I ask people about it. I was just not a fan, I couldn't get my head around it. The plot twist seemed so silly and random to me..I liked "I Saw the Devil" much better. If you liked Oldboy Im almost certain you will enjoy it as well.

Man, that seems to be the general consensus when I ask people about it. I was just not a fan, I couldn't get my head around it. The plot twist seemed so silly and random to me..I liked "I Saw the Devil" much better. If you liked Oldboy Im almost certain you will enjoy it as well.

Thanks for the recommendation! I'll add it to my queue now.

As for Oldboy, I just really enjoyed the twist on the hostage/revenge angle. The guy pulling the strings was way different than you see in most suspense/dramas like that. He was fragile and could have been offed at any time, but finding out the "why" was his ultimate bargaining chip. I really dug that. I liked the ambiguous ending a lot too.