Number9

TENNESSEE BB

2 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Outside of one game Nevadas schedule has been tougher overall.

So the Mountain West is a tougher conference than the AAC, really?

Houston's one loss was to Temple (19-7) by 4 points. Nevada's one loss was to New Mexico (11-14) by 27 points. No way is Nevada the better team.

1 hour ago, Oiler FANatic said:

So the Mountain West is a tougher conference than the AAC, really?

Yea because they only play within their conference. Good argument.

Houston's one loss was to Temple (19-7) by 4 points. Nevada's one loss was to New Mexico (11-14) by 27 points. No way is Nevada the better team.

One game means literally nothing. About as much as a difference in two ranking spots. 

Factor in the fact they had a better season last year, record wise, and made it further in the tourney than HOU. And finished the year at 20th whereas HOU finished 22nd.

There is no HOU should be ahead of Nevada argument that is worth a damn.

If HOU is better, it will play out itself, eventually. 

It'll all play itself out.  Tennessee had to struggle to get to #1, but one loss sends them back to #5.  No biggie, except when the tournament brackets are set.  Louisville was looking like a good spot.  Kentucky looks really strong again.  Tennessee has two more shots at them.  Kentucky playing really well together, they will be hard to stop.  There have some tall players and they muscled Tennessee out of the inside.  I think they did some fouling to start the game, but the Vols just couldn't play their game.  I think Kentucky can beat Duke.

On 2/18/2019 at 2:32 PM, JakePA_Titan said:

There is no HOU should be ahead of Nevada argument that is worth a damn. If HOU is better, it will play out itself, eventually.

There is no doubt. Nevada lost again to San Diego State and should drop out of the top 10 since they never belonged there to begin with.

7 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

There is no doubt. Nevada lost again to San Diego State and should drop out of the top 10 since they never belonged there to begin with.

But what's it matter? The only thing that does is how far they go in the tourney. Which cant be won through regular season rankings.

Good teams don't foul with 0.6 seconds left, the game tied and the ball at the far end of the court.  TN.  isn't playing well.

2 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Now OF will be extremely happy that a team HOU beat, beat TEN.  Houston should be #1 lmao

Even if they win today the Cougars won't be close to #1 at 26-1. Even if they win their last 5 games, they won't be #1. Or #2, or #3.

No matter what happens they definitely won't be a #1 seed, probably not a #2 seed either even if they are 33-1 going into the Tourney.

3 hours ago, ctm said:

Good teams don't foul with 0.6 seconds left, the game tied and the ball at the far end of the court.  TN.  isn't playing well.

Tennessee is starting to look beatable. Rick Barnes is going to coach them up another level.  They have played a pretty tough schedule against a lot of high profile teams.  If they can come in hungry with a chip, they could still run the table.

3 hours ago, ctm said:

It's hard to put that on a coach or team. Kid made a bad play. No way he was coached or told to do that. 

He tried to make a play and acted without thinking. Happens. Good teams do rebound and learn from it. See how it goes for them the rest of the way. 

Barnes is a good coach. 

Texas fucked up letting him and Mack Brown leave. 

23 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Tennessee is starting to look beatable. Rick Barnes is going to coach them up another level.  They have played a pretty tough schedule against a lot of high profile teams.  If they can come in hungry with a chip, they could still run the table.

Granted I'm sure they wanted to win the conference tourney, but those losses could be very beneficial for them come late March.

Sorry Vols fans, but I'm pulling for Kentucky to win tomorrow. My Cougars have a better chance of moving up with Tennessee losing.

8 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Sorry Vols fans, but I'm pulling for Kentucky to win tomorrow. My Cougars have a better chance of moving up with Tennessee losing.