So... I just made this trade

NashvilleNinja

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In terms of actual value, the Julio side wins simply because quantity of extremely usable QBs. Kevin White and Stills at this point are a draw at best (you better hope he see the field, ever)

2 QB is a different story, especially with keepers. Feel like QBs are more valuable. He can also weather the loss with Brady. 

Shit tough one there. I'd go Davis. WR shelf life is longer making him more valuable for dynasty. Joe Williams is the RB I'd be targeting for a potential steal.

7 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

I shipped Julio Jones, Carson Wentz, and Kenny Stills to a guy in exchange

for

Marcus Mariota, Alshon Jeffrey, and Kevin White

Who got the better end of that deal?

If Alshon Jeffrey returns to moderate form, and Mariota is healthy, I can seeing that being a win for you. Context wise, it probably depends on who your other QBs are. 

In terms of actual value, the Julio side wins simply because quantity of extremely usable QBs.

Kevin White and Stills at this point are a draw at best (you better hope he see the field, ever)

Alshon blows Wentz out of the water but can't hold a candle to Julio.

Julio realistically blows Mariota out of the water but you're a Titans fan and Mariota should be elite in fantasy down the line (but what does that really mean when there are 16 serviceable guys).

TL:DR - The dropoff from Julio to Alshon is too big but I get it since it will be awesome having MM going forward.

39 minutes ago, Bink said:

If Alshon Jeffrey returns to moderate form, and Mariota is healthy, I can seeing that being a win for you. Context wise, it probably depends on who your other QBs are. 

Tom Brady and Tanny.

It's a 2-starting-QB league. 15 keepers... basically a dynasty league.

I didn't like Wentz at all and stills was roster filler. Alshon I don't like and Kevin White has yet to do/prove anything, but between the two of them maybe they can soften the loss of Jones. In the meantime, my homerism gets a major stroking.

It's definitely riskier on my end, but a much higher ceiling of reward if Mariota is who we think he is, Jeffrey benefits from a change of scenery, and White finally makes good on his potential.

That's my logic at least least.

Edited by NashvilleNinja

3 minutes ago, Bink said:

2 QB is a different story, especially with keepers. Feel like QBs are more valuable. He can also weather the loss with Brady. 

It's not like he didn't give up a promising (fantasy) up and comer who will see volume so this justification doesn't really fly with me..... I lied, MM and Wentz were pretty far apart and I assume MM will take a larger leap than Wentz will

I'm all in on the homer aspect of it though!

2 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

It's not like he didn't give up a promising (fantasy) up and comer who will see volume so this justification doesn't really fly with me..... I lied, MM and Wentz were pretty far apart and I assume MM will take a larger leap than Wentz will

I'm all in on the homer aspect of it though!

I don't know if it helps your opinion along or lessens it but my other WRs on the team are Michael Crabtree, Jarvis Landry, Terrelle Pryor, Willie Snead, and Cole Beasley. Although I'm trying to package my 1st round pick with Snead to move up to the 1st overall pick. 

On 7/11/2017 at 5:38 PM, NashvilleNinja said:

I don't know if it helps your opinion along or lessens it but my other WRs on the team are Michael Crabtree, Jarvis Landry, Terrelle Pryor, Willie Snead, and Cole Beasley. Although I'm trying to package my 1st round pick with Snead to move up to the 1st overall pick. 

Why not try and trade two of those WRs for someone with higher upside? Someone has to love the hype of Pryor. Try to get someone in that 2nd tier. Alshon and Snead for Dez or ty type of trade.

Edited by CaliTitan3518

34 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Why not try and trade two of those WRs for someone with higher upside? Someone has to love the hype of Pryor. Try to get someone in that 2nd tier. Alshon and Snead for Dez or ty type of trade.

Davis has higher upside than any of those guys, including Dez, but I probably won't be able to draft him at the spot I'm at. This is a 15-keeper/dynasty league so the best available players will likely be rookies.

I could always wait and see if he falls though. Never know.

6 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Davis has higher upside than any of those guys, including Dez, but I probably won't be able to draft him at the spot I'm at. This is a 15-keeper/dynasty league so the best available players will likely be rookies.

I could always wait and see if he falls though. Never know.

What pick do you currently have?

52 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Damn that's a shitty pick for rookies 

I've got a guy willing to give me his 4 spot and Will Fuller for my 9 and Alshon Jeffrey.

I'm not a fan of Alshon, but there's a chance he could rebound this year in Philly.

Having said that, 4 is a helluva lot better draft spot than 9. And Fuller could do well with a a better QB. And this is a PPR league. Chances are the guys in this league will be more interested in Fournette, McCaffrey, and Cook over Davis.

Thoughts?

Edited by NashvilleNinja