Neal is a Golden Knight

NashvilleNinja

14 hours ago, Starkiller said:

I assume they will trade Neal for a young player and/or draft picks. He has good trade value for a contender.

I hate to see him go but with 1 year left @ $5 mil. James has better trade value than hanging onto to him. Especially for a team that is in the midst of building their roster. Neal is still a good player but I feel his best years are behind him. He kind of disappeared down the stretch. The GK will get good value for him in a trade to a contender that needs some scoring.

4 minutes ago, freakingeek said:

I hate to see him go but with 1 year left @ $5 mil. James has better trade value than hanging onto to him. Especially for a team that is in the midst of building their roster. Neal is still a good player but I feel his best years are behind him. He kind of disappeared down the stretch. The GK will get good value for him in a trade to a contender that needs some scoring.

I definitely think keeping Jarnkrok over Neal was the right decision long term. And likely even short term.

2 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

I definitely think keeping Jarnkrok over Neal was the right decision long term. And likely even short term.

Preds put a priority on winning faceoffs and Jarnkrok is as good as anyone on the team and he plays multiple positions. Lavvy loves him. Plus we just locked Calle up long term and he's young.

2 hours ago, freakingeek said:

Preds put a priority on winning faceoffs

Smart move then, I would say matchups between "equal" teams are probably most likely decided by faceoffs as long as the series doesn't get out of hand with special teams.

Archived