The Greek Freak

wiscotitansfan

If any of you haven't had a chance to watch him play, man he is fun to watch. It's insane how he just dominates in the paint with how scrawny he is. That being said, you can noticeably tell how much bulkier he has gotten the past 2 years, I used to gasp every time he drew contact but now not as much.

He gets criticized for not having a higher shooting % but the fact that he can turn what is the distance of most players jump shot into a layup with a single step is insane. 3-pt will never be a part of his game but if he can ever develop a real jump shot, oh man. Bucks just need a damn NBA caliber perimeter shooter to take advantage of how much attention each drive of his receives.

I don't see MVP out of him this year, but barring injury luckily for us proven he at least is worthy of being in the conversation going forward

13 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

How you liking Kidd as a coach.

I actually like him a lot but I don't really have a baseline of judgement because we have been so talentless for years, I can't tell if we are just miles ahead of where we were in raw skill or if he is actually coaching people up.

Listening to his press-conferences, he really seems to have a knack for it so I give him the benefit of the doubt.

It took a lost season 2 years ago to force Giannis into more ball-handling roles but at the end of the day, he went with it on a whim and it clearly has benefited the franchise.

1 hour ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Yea. Did y'all have Giannis before he started coaching or was Kidd apart of drafting him?

I believe we had Giannis the year before and then in Kidd's 1st year we were awful so about the final 15 games or so we gave Giannis the ball to bring up the court and he just took off, something like damn near averaging a triple double to close the season out.

Edit: Just looked it up, we had Giannis then a year later we traded for Kidd and then a year after that we gave Giannis more roles and he closed the season out with his 1st career triple double followed by getting 3 more in the next month.

On 10/26/2017 at 4:27 PM, wiscotitansfan said:

If any of you haven't had a chance to watch him play, man he is fun to watch. It's insane how he just dominates in the paint with how scrawny he is. That being said, you can noticeably tell how much bulkier he has gotten the past 2 years, I used to gasp every time he drew contact but now not as much.

He gets criticized for not having a higher shooting % but the fact that he can turn what is the distance of most players jump shot into a layup with a single step is insane. 3-pt will never be a part of his game but if he can ever develop a real jump shot, oh man. Bucks just need a damn NBA caliber perimeter shooter to take advantage of how much attention each drive of his receives.

I don't see MVP out of him this year, but barring injury luckily for us proven he at least is worthy of being in the conversation going forward

I don't know. The East is vulnerable. I think he puts up the best statistical performance of the season. Voters have fatigue for these kinds of awards. I think they are itching for someone like Giannis to claim MVP, and wouldn't it be awesome if he did it after Kobe's challenge? NBA legend. 

I drafted him #1 overall in my fantasy league. Great fucking decision. He is so fun to watch, and I love who he is as a player. 

12 hours ago, Bink said:

I don't know. The East is vulnerable. I think he puts up the best statistical performance of the season. Voters have fatigue for these kinds of awards. I think they are itching for someone like Giannis to claim MVP, and wouldn't it be awesome if he did it after Kobe's challenge? NBA legend. 

I drafted him #1 overall in my fantasy league. Great fucking decision. He is so fun to watch, and I love who he is as a player. 

The biggest reason I don't think he is an MVP is cuz I think that too many people will harp on his jump shot not being there but yeah, it'd be amazing if he got it the season after Kobe told him to get one

Fun fact: no "most improved player" has ever won MVP

On 10/26/2017 at 3:27 PM, wiscotitansfan said:

I'm not surprised to see that you're into Greek.  I always figured that you were, being from Wisconsin and all.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/28/2017 at 11:19 AM, JakePA_Titan said:

If GA takes first, Harden ain't taking 2nd.

The only other player who might is LeBron, and he is even more likely to win the MVP than Giannis. Westbrook isn't even a blip on the MVP radar right now while Harden is taking up the whole screen.

On 12/2/2017 at 0:13 PM, JakePA_Titan said:

And btw, the only thing Harden has over Russ is scoring and their record.

And why do the Rockets have such a way better record than the Thunder? When they got Carmelo so many people were ready to put them up there as the top contender in the West who had the best chance of competing with Golden State, right? Poor Houston just doesn't have what it takes to keep up with the wehrmacht because Harden and Chris Paul alone aren't enough.

The only thing James Harden does have that truly makes him superior to Mr. Triple Double who cares more about stats than winning is this. He makes his teammates better, which Westbrook clearly does not as is evident by all of the problems they have in OKC trying to make their wannabe big 3 into a reality. One day people like you will see the only reason Westbrook won the MVP over Harden was because he averaged a triple-double, not because he actually deserved it.

Archived