Developing players

Adams

I was listening to the Titans Podcast last week with Coach Mac as the special guest.  He talked about how when he was coaching they would let Washburn pick late round players that he loved, because they knew he could develop them.  I would imagine it was similar with Munch with the OL.

I don’t know enough about our current position coaches, but does anyone of them have a track record of developing players?

coach Mac mentioned that the coaches track record of developing players would play a part into our drafts.  We knew we didn’t need to over DL, because Washburn would get the best out of anyone.

Dean Peas seemed to be able to always have stud DL when he was with the Ravens and Pats, but not sure how much he played a part in their development compared to the DL coach.

It also has to do with those coaches know what type of role they need to add to their plan.... Late round guys aren't complete players so a coach finding one specific talent/role in the draft isn't asking too much and not surprising why those guys can contribute consistently to some minor extent at least

15 minutes ago, JoelinBellevue said:

It's not a huge list, but several guys that didn't appear to have great talent started developing after their second year. Have to be careful writing off players too soon.

That has absolutely nothing to do with what I said and made no indication of writing anyone off

I'm saying that of course our coaches have massive input on who they select late whether or not they have had prior boatloads of success on their resume coaching players up to be studs

These positional coaches know the talents/roles they have and those that they need better than anyone else and should be able to get use out of even late round draft picks

Archived